6 weeks now

Posted , 5 users are following.

So depressed with this come and go DD. Mucus some blood red. Have just started with antibiotics. And taking probiotics turmeric for my joint pain. Antibiotics make me feel worse !!!they did in January. Last flare up. Is there anyone out there that gets blood and mucus. NO pain loose stools and have to go at least 4 times a day more 2hen I've eaten.it seems to be ruleing my life .

I

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gloria,

You poor thing diverticulitis is sooo miserable. I was diagnosed 5 yrs ago and luckily have only  had 3 flare ups the last being about a month ago.. I also get blood and mucus and it takes ages for the bowels to get back to normal .Sometimes I don’t have much pain except when I bear down to pass a motion and mine is normally in the middle or on the right side not the left. Were you diagnosed by colonoscopy ? The only advice I can give is to keep to a very bland diet and cut out all fibre until you are better. Hope you feel better soon .

• Posted

Thank you Angela. Yes I had a colonoscopy. It does get me down it seems to control me ! Will persivere with the antibiotics. X
  • Posted

I hear you. I was first diagnosed in July 2016 but apparently had it for some years....thought it was phantom menstrual cramps. In 11 months I had 14+ attacks. I refuse to refer to them as flare ups. I had sigmoid colectomy surgery last May. Still struggling with surgery pain, especially when I do to much. Angela is right, clear diet for at least 2 days, then a limited soft bland diet eating no more than the size of your fist. This is a horrible disease. Mucus and blood is the norm with this disease, although not all the time.
  • Posted

Hi  Gloria 

so sorry you are going through this..  mine is stable right now after three months of diarrhea and mucu.. I am curious to know whether the turmeric is helping your arthritis and how long you have been taking it?

• Posted

Hi. Not sure if turmeric is working or not ? Not sure if this could contribute to loose stools ?? Cannot do harm. But have been in pain with joints have been taking it now about 4 weeks.thankyou.
  • Posted

My last flare up was in April. This was the first time there was mucus and blood and it really scared me. I have found that my main trigger is stress. I really didn't want to but I decided to try medication. So I am on a very low(the lowest possible) mood enhancer. So far it seems to be working great. The anxiety i have over this condition is constant. So I am really hoping I found a solution. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Cindy.yes I'm so stressed with pain in joints especially prob with knee and back.im so tired but cannot sleep well ! Fed up with all of this. But thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.