6 weeks of spotting

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies i am worried , I have had spotting many times over the last 18 months. I have missed periods on 2 occassions the last being from oct to dec last year. Following the period in dec 2018 which was heavy (not flooding) and lasted 5 days, i have been spotting. I thought is was just because i had gone a couple of months prior to this period but, i am now worried as my gp has asked me to do swabs as thinks it could be an infection, if thats ok then i have to go for an examination. I have been googling and i know i shouldnt but google says its a std or cancers. Anyone else spotted for 6 weeks continuous. I feel bad i have left it this long. worried sick now xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Amanda, I have a friend that has been bleeding for a YEAR straight! Plus now she will stop for a few days and then start again either flooding passing clots and then spotting for months on in and I can Not get her to go to the doctor she does not seem to be worried about it and plus she runs all the time and has or seems to have more energy than me and I haven't had any more periods again for like two years. She seems to google other things like skin hurting and chills but guess she doesnt google her non stop bleeding or either that she just doesnt think anything is wrong. I think because she may stop for a few days maybe a week at times she figures its okay. I have NEVER heard of anyone bleeding as longs as she has and have all that energy and still be fine I find that hard to believe .

• Posted

There are many things that can cause this like hypothyroidism . Your thyroid could simply be under or over active . You need blood work for that and more. I would think by performing a pap smear and swabbing ,sending for a culture they would know if it is an std. But these are just my thoughts on the matter. I know women can bleed a lot, have spotting , missed or heavy periods . When trying to reach menopause. My mother in law bled more than normal, constantly for some time. She opted to have a hysterectomy. Good luck to you and I would ask to know my thyroid levels from dr. If they say they checked them since this spotting started. If they havnt ask them to check thyroid again . You can Google normal levels to see what it should be after you get your results. Thyroid can fluctuate and checking it and rechecking it might show something off.If your having problems like spotting and it's from hypothyroidism. It should show up in blood work now, I would think . while symptoms are present of spotting. This can even cause missed periods as well. Good luck to you .

• Posted

Thanks for reply, i had bloods done in December and all fine. I am not sure which bloods were taken though. It is just so worrying, i worry so much i feel nauseous at times. x

• Posted

I use the Clue app for period tracking and in February 2017, I spotted every day for nearly 6 weeks. This was the start of my wonky periods. For the past two years, I have had a period every 21 days. They have been heavy, longer, and full of large clots. All my obgyn tests have been normal.

• Posted

Hi Staci, i have been tracking my periods since January last year and i have had lots of spotting but, usually before and after a period, i have missed periods and flooded at times. I am just worried as the dr said it could be an infection or may need further investigation. The spotting is sometimes slight and other times i have to wear a couple of liners a day . MY anxiety is through the roof.x

• Posted

I understand how scary it can be. Try not to think of the worst. Like I said, I had the same spotting and everything was normal. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Breathe in, breathe out...repeat indefinitely. 😃

• Posted

I have had spotting for over 6 weeks. Twice. Have had all the tests, lots of anxiety, still, and wonky periods. Peri-menopause is a challenge. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Dear Amanda

In peri yes, I spotted for that long before, i did request a transvaginal ultrasound just to check things out and everything seemed fine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.