6 weeks on 50mgs of Sertaline

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all. I'm having a bad day and need some advice please. I have been on 50mgs 6 weeks exactly and prior to that was 25mg for two weeks.

I am without a doubt feeling alot better but I have a few strange sensations going on and wondered of anyone els has had thsee?

Cold feet but not cold to touch

Tingling in hands, mouth and tongue.. strange I know..

My vision seems a bit more blurred than normal

Anxiety is ok... It as if it's sitting there waiting to pounce

Feeling also a bit spaced out but felt like that before sertaline

Seen the doc on Wed and she said this is early days as this drug takes a long time to work.. sometimes up to three months.😨

Just wanting some others experiences preferably positive ones

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Contraindications of this type of drug takes time, I would hope you are now feeling a little better now and more positive. Give yourself that break and allow yourself some positive time as the drug takes a positive source.

Try not to question the working of the medication as if you fo it will make you impatient.

You know w are around

BOB

• Posted

Jay, I've been on sertraline for two years now and I did feel weird in the first few weeks.

But now I feel great! Hope this encourages you!

• Posted

I had many side  effects from sertraline 50mg in the initial 2-3 months. I stuck it out. They do subside, Jay. Hang in there. The body needs time to absorb the meds and settle down

You'll be okay. Day at a time, okay? Every day is a healing day smile

• Posted

Thanks hun. I will defiantly stick it out. But the cold feet are doing my head in along wits this spacey feeling. Good to know it will take while from your experience.

X X

• Posted

Hand on heart I can say I felt like throwing them in the bin. The only thing that stopped me was I was frightened of feeling worse than I already did. No meds verses meds? Decided for the meds because I was desperate for help

If it helps I had the following:

Cold feet, had to wear socks even on warm days

Numby/tingly sensation upper lip and side of face

Itching. It drove me mad

Blurred vision, which was scary because I have a blood clot behind one eye, am receiving monthly injections in the eye to halt it and I feared it was the blood clot getting bigger. It wasn't. It was a side-effect of the meds.

Lightheadedness

Nausea

Insomnia

They have all disappeared, slowly, one by one.

I used to tell myself each morning, New day. Meds getting into my system. Another step forward!

Hugs

Helen

• Posted

Forgot, lol. Anxiety worsened before it got better and a few panic attacks thrown in for good measure....But please. PLEASE stick it out. You'll be glad you did. I was.

Day at a time. Cross them off on a calender smile

• Posted

I experience a lot of up and down with each sertraline dose increase. I am at the end of week 9 (dose increase of 125 to 150mg). It was a terrible week with a lot of morning anxiety that tends to fade away along the day. Prior to this I was much better during week 7 & 8. I am also wondering if Sertraline will do the job for the anxiety (depression symptoms are now ok). It seems that each body reacts differently to the sertraline and that it can take a long time to get the full benefit.

• Posted

I am nearing the end of week 7 on 150 mg. I've had good days, not so good days and I am still having bad days. I just had 3 bad days together and had myself convinced that they were never going to work for me. I'm holding out until September 13th when I go to see my psychiatrist and see what he has to say. its funny how the bad days make you forget about all the good days.

• Posted

True. Bad days have a bigger impact. Look how happy times fly by, gone in the blink of an eye. But when we are "ill " it appears endless, sigh

Hope the meds settle down and help you!

• Posted

thanks Helen, so do I. It makes me hopeful when I read stories like yours because most doctors tell you 4-6 weeks
    • Posted

I was told about 6 weeks. But my body is quite resistant, sigh. I reckon it was a good, say, 10-12 weeks before I started feeling better. I hope you soon see an improvement. Some people are more sensitive....you and I, lol, are sensitive creatures so we suffer side-effects for longer than the hardy souls out there. We are delicate creatures!

Good luck xx

• Posted

Lol, my kids would probably have a different word for me, I've been so irritable. It's wonderful that people like you who feel better still post on here. I will be doing the same, maybe when I feel better I'll be able to help others.

• Posted

Honey, you are helping just by posting! Others out there who are struggling will read it and recognize what you are going through. That's a massive help when we feel unsure about something. It's confirmation that it's "normal " and not just us.

Hugs

• Posted

Hi jay thank you for your post I have been on sertraline 100mg for about 2 months, I can relate to the mouth and tongue sensation, the spaced out felling in my head, and the eyes. Im sorry we are both in this situation but knowing that I'm not alone is quite comforting. Could you please elaborate on your eye problems because this is causing me the most problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.