6 weeks on cit still having bad days???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all 

Hope your well, quick question or two! I have been on cit 20mg for 6 weeks and have had good days with the added bad but not loads! Thing is this week as been weird been cranky (tho I do have three young boys and one sick) probably I'm reading into it too much I seam to have good parts of the day and then there's these times like 4pm and around 8pm where I have "down" moments from my horrible thoughts thing is I know it's just thoughts and the edge has been taken off but it still worries me! Should I be still having bad days or is it still early days! My counselling has finished as my score improved greatly my gp review went well he said it's ok to have bad days! Also could this be PMT??? I'm sorry to ramble on but I get great advice on here! Just want to hear that this is normal! 

TIA 

Emz xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi em. Pmt is always a problem that makes things worse for me. If you still not feeling good don't be afraid to tell your doctor and maybe try a higher dose of citalopram.  I imagine with three kids teatime and bedtime are hectic for you and maybe a  bit stressful. I think things are worse in winter as well because we can't get out as much. Keep doing what you are doing but if you feel worse Def get more help from your doc or refer back to counselling maybe you need longer sessions. And you are normal it  just takes time to realise it yourself x
    • Posted

Thanks Georgina for the response! It is probably pmt and like you say 3 boys and lack of sleep with the baby sick! I am great any other time I get out I laugh just when home I still have the anxiety about being alone I hate it and I know hubby is out tonight hate that! But I will get there thanks Hun! 

Emz x

• Posted

Hey Emz, don't knock yourself, three youngsters, a sick baby and pmt all at once??? You'd have to be superwoman and Mother Theresa all rolled into one not to find that a nightmare to cope with.  Sounds like you're doing well considering all you have to contend with.  Do chat it through with your doctor, you may just be going through a 'normal' stressful time or they may think you need to increase dose to help the process.  Once the added stress of Christmas is over and your child is better, and spring comes along with brighter weather and more light, you will probably feel a whole lot better.  Crappy time of year for everyone coping with stress so if you get through this, you're a star.
    • Posted

Hi loxie

This is my problem I'm so hard on myself and I need to make more time for me! Thing is I get so guilty when I do! My husband just ups and goes lol joys!! Suppose it is a hard time of te year and I'm currently coming to the end of my studies which is so hard also! I will see how things go once the pmt goes lol! Thanks again.

Emz xx

• Posted

Hi Emz

Glad to hear you're having some good times, albeit mixed with bad ones mind.

When we recover on this medication you'll start having the odd moment when you feel good, and then the bad will return.  Very, very slowly these good times will get more and more and last longer.  I used to have exactly the same as you, though mine were the opposite way round - I'd be bad in the mornings and it'd ease by the afternoon and evening.  You'll soon get days of feelin good which will progress into weeks.  These will always be mixed with bad times, but the good will eventually out weight the bad until they're a distant past.

The horrible thoughts are a symptom of depression and anxiety, so when you're having bad times then the thoughts will be present too.  Don't worry, as all this will disappear in time.

It just shows the medicine is working as you're already showing classic signs it is :-)

K xx

• Posted

Thanks Kate!

Just wanted to know all was normal even at 6 weeks on cit! I defo believe that 20mgs the dose for me and don't want to up it I suppose it's still early days! I'm so annoyed at my hubby he's been out each week from either 2pm or yesterday 4pm and didn't come in to 4/5am that's a disgrace so I get angry and annoyed grr!! Joys!! Thanks for your kind words 

Emz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.