6 weeks on mirtazapine 30mg shall I up my dosage?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been on 30 mg mertazapine for 6 weeks I'm feeling the benefits but still feeling about 70% back to my old self,still have really low days now and then.My doctor has said to up them to 45mg if I feel the need but I'm unsure.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

if youve only been on them 6 weeks i would hold off increasing to 45mg which is the maximum dose. 6 weeks is nothing in the long run so i would see how you feel in at least another 4-6 weeks. If you really feel the need you could increase to 37.5mg by splitting a 15mg with a pill cutter. They are very cheap on Amazon. Mirtazapine is a fairly heavy duty AD so 45mg is quite a hefty dose.

• Posted

Hi

thanks for your reply this is the only medication I am taking I started on 15 mg for two weeks and I am now on 30 mg for 4 I am taking it for low anxiety and moderate depression.

• Posted

It's just that I have been feeling really low this last few days and I'm a bit stuck as to what to do.My doctor has said if I feel the need then up the dose but I don't want to prematurely if this is just a blip.

• Posted

Hi you need to also consider CBT or counselling as that helps alot with medication talk to doctor about it try t you may find it helps with medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.