6 weeks post Lapo hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

After suffering from fibroids for many years, and undergoing a myomectomy in 2011 and by 2015 I suffered from the same issue and in 2017 it became so severe; I couldn’t leave the house. So, I decide to seek 3 clinical opinions and decide to have a lapo-hysterectomy to remove all my lady parts-except for my ovaries. Two days after my surgery, I felt amazing; I was up walking, I only had slight soreness ( So I Tylenol pm, not the opioids prescribed). Ladies I say this to say... before your surgery try to be in your best shape. I’ve exercised all my life, so this has helped me with a speedy recovery by week 4 I was back running 30 minutes and lifting weights 6 days a week. 

Before you schedule your surgery... eat healthy/exercise. 

Mandi

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Wow!! I was advised no lifting or strenuous exercise for 12 weeks! X
    • Posted

I was in great shape prior to my surgery and at my 4 weeks post I was cleared for all activities. Again, it is very important to be in your best shape/health prior to surgery for a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Me too but you’re still healing inside. Be careful ♥️ X
    • Posted

I know my background is public Health and my sister is a Nurse ... so I know not to over do it.

Thanks! 

• Posted

Mandi..wow Amazing...thats great! I am 4 weeks post of the same surgery. Exercised regularly pre surgery. I still having minor cramps and can tell I am not 100% yet and still healing. 😊 I am eager to get back on the treadmill.

• Posted

Yes, I believed every one heals differently, so continue to take it easy.

Mandi 

• Posted

Hello Mandi

I'd agree re eating healthy and good exercise prior to surgery.

With three opinions I wonder what their reasons were for retaining ovaries.  What reasons were given as they obviously influenced your decision?  I'm just interested because of past discussion.

Best wishes

Lyn

• Posted

Glad to here of your recovery, I’m going in 28th Feb for same surgery but my ovaries are also going unfortunately. I hoping to be bk at work 6-8wks post surgery. Thank you for your reassurance as I’m starting to get scared now even though had 20yrs of endometriosis & discomfort. I’m fairly fit & healthy. Hope my recovery as positive as yours. Did you get much trapped wind pains if so what did u use??? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.