6 weeks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 6 weeks post op, I feel great for the let couple of days I have been painting a shed. Yes I do it aches but it is great to be doing things again

My question is can i do any damage now. I still use ice packs on my.kneel after being o n my feet for awhile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am NOT a doctor, but my surgeon said the knee joint is not something I can injure with routine activity. He did warn that overuse could lead to swelling and pain. Be sure to ask your doctor about your specific situation. 
  • Posted

The joint itself is tough and hard to damage. I fell and twisted the femur into (torque break) the day after surgery. Bad enough that it took a hip to knee plate and 8 screws to hold it in pace but no damage to the knee. I'm just hoping your shed was one small story and you weren't on a ladder. Climbing isn't a smart thing as it can lead to falls, twisting and other painful consequenceses.

• Posted

Hi Deb!

Congratulations on your painting adventure! 😄 Each new challenge MET is a real victory and helps you remember why you went through the surgery in the first place. Getting your life back is a real thrill! 🎉🎉😁

Gauge how you are feeling.

Take breaks.

REJOICE in each new victory!

🥁🥁🥇💟😊📣🎉??🎵🥁🥁

Be sure to take photos of that freshly-painted shed to remind yourself of your VICTORY!😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.