6 weeks post op Achilles tendon surgery.. experiencing a lot of pain.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello. As stated above, I'm 6 weeks post op. I'm a 30yr Old male. I was playing basketball, made a quick dash and next thing I know my entire leg went numb.

I went a week later in for surgery. My initial pain was not too bad. I was taking pain medal as ordered but decided to wean myself off.. they were making me feel sick.

I am now 6 weeks post op and the pain seems to have no relieve. The site itself does not work.. it's the calf and the shin that have excruciating pain. I still have a lot of swelling to my foot and simply rubbing my hand on my foot hurts the top layer of my skin on my foot. I have no clue what's normal, or what's not.. I've tried to look for symptoms online but to no avail. I mentioned the symptoms to my MD at 5 weeks and feel like he just shrugged it off. Is this normal? And if so how soon can I expect this pain to go away??.. there's been nights when I have spent the entire night suffering in pain.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of your injury and surgery and wish you well in your recovery.

I’m wondering if the numbness has resolved itself for the various posters. I am twelve months post Haglund’s deformity removal, with detachment and reattachment of the Achilles tendon, and am still experiencing tenderness on the pad/sole of the foot, numbness in the big and second toes, tingling at the top of the foot (more to the tops of the big and second toes) and coldness when compared to the other foot. Is anyone still experiencing any of this post-surgery?

• Posted

SWS3256... Do you have any updates on your condition.  I also had the Haglund's deformity removal and am experiencing the exact same conditions you are.  I am 6 months post op on the first foot, 2 months post op on the second.  This has been terrible.

• Posted

Hey Louis . Saw your posting and I'm 6 weeks post op and I have been in a walking cast for the duration . I was cleared to bare weight has tolerated without the crutches last week . Now I am experience this tight sore in my left calf.  I certainly wasn't experiencing this last week or even in my physical therapy apt this past Monday . So I am to say the least very irritated . I'm thinking did I aggravate my Achilles or is this just a result of walking in this stupid boot awkwardly .  Hope you get better so your not alone . FYI tore mine April 1st Easter Sunday 2018. Had surgery the 6th. I did it playing softball.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.