Skip to content
Ad

Tendon Problems

Also known as Achilles Tendon Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tendon atrophy in mult areas of. my body

I’m writing this to help others with widespread tendon issues because I think I discovered why all my tendons weakened. Quick history... I had acne and sinus infections for years. I always took antibiotics to decrease the bacteria in my body. In September 2016 I caught bronchitis and was on Cipro for...

Posted
  • Achilles Tendon Rupture

So I'm 1 day post surgery. Did mine playing football and was v innocuous incident in 85th minute of busy game. Anyway originally opted for conservative approach as flew to Australia 3 days later in the boot! Had a scan out there and they said 3.5cm gap needs an op. Went back to Barnet General when...

Last reply
  • Peroneal tendon repair complications

I had both of my peroneal tendons repaired 5 months ago and still have extreme swelling over lateral malleolus. Have tried PT and steroid injections but nothing has helped. Dr. Seems to think I have damaged lateral ligaments and would like to operate again. Has anyone else experienced something like...

Last reply
  • Achilles' tendon surgery and recovery time

I ruptured my Achilles' tendon complete rupture on 11th October surgery on 17th been told 4 weeks in plaster visit after 2 weeks I assume to look at repair and re plaster? Then 4 weeks with boot and wedges when can I drive I have been signed off work 4 weeks want to go back asap as sick pay isn't...

Last reply
  • Has anyone else ruptured both Achilles tendons at the same time?

Ruptured both at the same time in July 2017! Had surgery on my right August 3rd and Sept 7th om my left my ortho said he has never seen this happen at the same time. It hasn't been fun but I'm 8wks post op on my right and 4weeks on my left starting physical therapy. I have a boot on my left...

Last reply
  • Post op recovery - help.

Hi  I'm 5 weeks post op now and I have had my cast off today to be out in a walking boot. Problem is, my foot won't go into the walking boot despite 3 wedges in there, my heel physical won't go down it's that tight. Is this normal? They said at the hospital if I can't get my...

Last reply
  • Air cast

Hi, I've been told to remove a wedge each 2 weeks from my air cast following Achilles tendon repair 4 weeks ago starting today. However wasn't told to take wedge from top or bottom of the 4 wedge stack! I've taken from top but the arch of the foot now feels weird. Does it matter if its taken...

Last reply
  • Heel Pain - Walking Boot

Hello All- Tore my achilles about 6 weeks ago (March 27), and had surgery about 4.5 weeks ago. Was in a splint for a week, and then a cast for 3 weeks. Last Thursday I had my cast taken off and I was put in a walking boot. I have actualy experienced more pain in my heel and the outside of my foot on...

Last reply
  • Anyone had numerous tendonitis / bursitis problems?

Hi Everyone, Firstly I'm new to this group and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Two years ago I used to be extremely active. I'd exercise by cycling at least 1.5 hours 3 times a week, occasionally run and I'd walk quite a bit too. Suddenly I started developing pain...

Last reply
  • What can be causing widespread tendon damage throughout my body

I have developed widespread tendonitis throughout my whole body. It s in my arms ,elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and feet. What could be causing my tendons to be so weak and break down so easily ? Is it a specific defiency or maybe an autoimmune response? I m a 23 yr old male with semi active job.i...

Last reply
  • Achilles Tendon Help

I fell of my bike and injured both Achilles Tendons I have been to th hospital and had three x-rays on each leg and confirmed no breaks but as I live in Spain they didnt really explain what I had done but they seemed to indicate I had torn both achilles. I saw my local doctor who prescribed strong anti...

Last reply
  • I put weight on my foot

I am 9 days post surgery for a full rupture Achilles  Yesterday I lost my balance and put all my weight on my foot there wasn't any pain just like pulling sensation This morning  I have half plaste  and. bandage not sure what to do 

Last reply
  • Achilles Tendon Rupture - Post Surgery

Hi All Im just wondering if anybody (particularly those who have had surgery to fix a fully rupture AT) could tell me about their experiences post op? In particular how the tendon/ankle felt in the earlier stages post op?  I'm currently 2 weeks post op and had my first check up appointment...

Last reply
  • Achillies Tendon Surgery Pain Getting Worse 2 Weeks Post-Op?

Hey all, my name is Ryan and I'm 31yo male. I ruptured my achillies on 10/5/17 and had surgery to repair it on 10/12/17. My surgeon said the repair went "perfectly". A few days after surgery I had pain (as expected) but then it began to feel great. I saw my surgeon 1 week post-op and he...

Last reply
  • Snapped Achilles tendon

Hi ,I did a complete rupture on 13th Sept, had cast for 2 weeks non weight bearing until scan, then air cast until open to repair on 5th Oct. Physio said I'd be non weight bearing for another 6 weeks with cast but woke in recovery with boot still on and post open instructions to weight bear with...

Last reply
  • De Quervain's tenosynovitis

Hi there, ​I wonder if anyone has suffered with De quervain's tendonitis? The tendonsat the base of the thumb where it meets the wrist joint become inflamed and painful, making extension of the thumb almost impossible due to the pain andstiffness. I also wonder if anyone has had this treated with...

Last reply
  • Achilles rupture - some pain during healing

I had a complete ruptured Achilles during a game of football. Hospital put me in a cast for 4 weeks then a boot. After 1 week in boot, hospital removed a wedge. They did this without examining he Achilles at all. I am meant to remove a second wedge myself tomorrow. However, I have been having some pain...

Last reply
  • Help with recovery from ruptured Achilles tendon

I recently ruptured my Achilles tendon on holiday and am 2 weeks into my recovery(conservative treatment). I am currently in a CAM boot and will be for another 5 weeks or so. Can anyone help with advise as to what trousers can be worn over this large cumbersome thing

Last reply
  • Achilles tendon rupture

I ruptured my Achilles tendon on my left foot which I was placed straight away with a plaster cast then after a few weeks put in a boot with wedges which were taken out one at a time over a period of time. Eventually the tendon knitted back together and had physio. I was getting a feeling like my left...

Last reply
  • Best gym equipment Achilles rupture after 6 months?

Been 6 months since I ruptured the tendon playing football. Just struggling as I'm not seeing improvement. People have told me about using cardio machines in the gym to help with the strength regain and recovery. But I don't know which is best which will have low impact and not cause reinjury...

Last reply
  • Numbing toes after Achilles’ tendon repair

I had an  achilles tendon repair on my left heel and lately I’ve been experiencing a lot of numbing on the outer part of my foot towards my pinky toe and under my pinky toe. I have also been feeling a shock like pain coursing through my foot and heel. I am one and a half weeks Post-op, And was wondering...

Last reply
  • Achilles rupture 6 months and feeling depressed

Hi,. It's coming up to 6 months since I ruptured the Achilles playing football. Didn't have surgery. Just a boot. The tendon has attached itself however I'm stuck in limbo. Im seeing no improvement whatsoever. I'm still in pain and it's reached a point where it's getting me down...

Last reply
  • Achilles rupture no surgery

I ruptured my Achilles 3 weeks ago and I'm currently in a boot with wedges in the heel (no surgery). I am having a great deal of calf pain when I firs out my leg down to move around on my crutches. It's a burning pain that settles after a while.  Is this normal?  My calf is also very...

Last reply
  • Bicep tendon and chest minor tear living with the consequences

Hi I'm 23 and I have tore my bicep tendon that connects my long head to my elbow completely off , and I didn't get surgery then about 6 months later I tore my minor pic tendon and it's inoperable because it tore off from the muscle belly. Will I be in pain for the rest of my life? And has...

Last reply
  • Partial Achilles Rupture

While playing pickle ball on Sept. 27th 2017  I felt a minor pain in my left Achilles.  After stretching and doing a one legged toe raise I thought it was ok and played another hour. There was  about 1/2 inch bruise on the Achilles, no pain, just a little sore and stiff the next...

Last reply
  • Achilles Pinch Pain

Had a bone spur removed from my heel 6 weeks ago. Achilles was not totally removed but cut through for surgery. Week 6 I went to a boot full weight bearing . Week 7 when I am sitting sometimes I feel a sharp pinch pain in my heel beneath where the sutures were located. Is this normal? Thanks

Posted
  • Achilles Tendon Full Rupture with Surgery

I am 37 yrs old and rupture my Achilles Tendon on 6/23. I had surgery on 7/7 and just completed my 2-week post op appointment on yesterday where I got my stitches out. I was told that a can do partial weight bearing with my boot and crutches. When I go back in two weeks, he said it will be FWB and start...

Last reply
  • Still in pain after Achilles surgery

I had Achilles reconstruction surgery back on December 20, 2016. I'm still in pain almost 5 months later. I'll give a little history. I started having heel pain in January 2016. Doctor told me I had tendonitis. I started with physical therapy and it unfortunately did not help. I wore a boot...

Last reply
  • Ruptured Tendon & surgical repair

In May 2017, I totally ruptured my Achilles' tendon and MRI diagnosed the complete tear.  I had surgery within 1 week of the rupture and was in a hard cast for 4 weeks then a boot with wedges for 4 weeks.  During this time, I was always wiggling my toes and stretching albeit in a boot/cast....

Last reply
  • 19 months post full rupture

16 June 2016, Full rupture with 6cm gap, non-op. I am back to my normal life, 3 month in plaster and boot. I can't do much of activities anyway due my other problems. I still get a bit of pain (stiffness)  and also get numbness around the heel which spreads around the bottom of my foot as day...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.