Skip to content

Tendon Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Achilles Tendon Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Voxic 2

Rapid onset tendonitis?

Hi all, I've had this occur previously, several months back, in that I had pain develop in my thumbs, which then spread rapidly into all fingers and lasted weeks / months. The pain in the fingers stopped but it remained slightly in the thumbs. Once again this has appeared, first in the thumbs

0 replies 0 votes Reply to Voxic

All discussions in this group

Next
  • jonathan28999 2

Achilles rupture - some pain during healing

I had a complete ruptured Achilles during a game of football. Hospital put me in a cast for 4 weeks then a boot. After 1 week in boot, hospital removed a wedge. They did this without examining he Achilles at all. I am meant to remove a second wedge myself tomorrow. However, I have been having some

35 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mandy1956 2

Week 1 of my Achilles rupture

I feel so  useless, having to rely on  someone else to do practically do everything for me. I have had my plaster cast on now for one week, but am not getting on well at all with the crutches, not sure I can take another seven weeks like this !!!!

64 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jo80118 1
  • denise130366 2

When did you try to stand on your tip toes?

I had my right AT fully replaced 12 weeks ago and have been doing OK as far as I know. Last night I decided to try and stand on my tip toes and it was a flop. The pain was bad but manageable but today my ankle is swollen and a tad tender. I've had utterly rubbish support from my surgeon. The last

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david97308 2

Achilles Tendon Rupture Treatment - Postcode Lottery?

Hi All, First time poster here. I wanted to find out a little more about various NHS trusts treatment of Achilles Tendon Rupture (ATR).  I'm especially interested as I get the feeling the treatment on offer to me is not optimal and I wonder if I'm the victim of being under the wrong trust.  One

109 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Voxic 2

Rapid onset tendonitis?

Hi all, I've had this occur previously, several months back, in that I had pain develop in my thumbs, which then spread rapidly into all fingers and lasted weeks / months. The pain in the fingers stopped but it remained slightly in the thumbs. Once again this has appeared, first in the thumbs

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • LawDogg 2

Achilles Rupture for the Second Time

Hello All- New to the site. I came across in my search for some comfort while in recovery. About Me I'm 42 years old and a fairly active individual. On March 27 (roughly 2 1/2 weeks ago) I ruptured my left achilles while playing in my regular pickup basketball league. This is the second time I'

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sunflower35 2

9mths post op for full repture not good

Hi All, Just wondering is there anyone with the same experience of me. I'm so fed up with this injury I reptured my left achillies on July 28th 2016 and had surgery the following day. Surgeon described my tendon like shredded spaghetti. was in a cast for 4weeks with angle change every second

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • matthew 91848 2

Painless lump on tendon

Hi all So it been 8 months since the full rupture of my Achilles tendon. I'm now totally mobile, able to do pretty everything I could before my accident. Over the last few weeks ive notice a small hard lump on the inside of my leg about 6 inches above the ankle. Totally painless. Has anybody else

• stephanieM32 2

Getting depressed from Achillies/Plantar tendon surgery

Mid September I ruptured my achilles/plantar tendons. It only went 2 days unchecked before I couldn't stand the pain anymore. They tried casts and splints until mid November when they decided surgery would be the best option and I thought it would have been too. Weeks after surgery, two freak

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • leroy231 2

Achilles rehab advice

Hi all, ruptured my Achilles just before xmas. Had surgery, was in plaster for 8weeks then boot for 6weeks. Have been out of boot for almost a week and finding my ankle is very sore. Been stretching my Achilles with very little pain but all the pain is on the inside of my ankle. Having a lot of

• annie2418 2

Partial (high-grade) gluteus medius tear

Wrote in weeks ago, but maybe I was on the wrong discussion group - but would love to hear from anyone who had an accident and partially tore the GM tendon. It certainly interferes with a lot, and they don't like doing surgery there, but was a jogger for 25 years, yet now it hurts to walk. Thus, I'

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Mark A 2

When will I get strength in calf back?

I ruptured my Achilles 10 weeks in cast for 7 weeks. Been in boot for 4,another 2 weeks out of boot and 2nd been fully weight bearing for 3-4 about house in shoes.I can stand on bad foot problem is it seems that it's not gaining any strength,

29 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • leroy231 2

Achilles rehab advice

Hi all, ruptured my Achilles just before xmas. Had surgery, was in plaster for 8weeks then boot for 6weeks. Have been out of boot for almost a week and finding my ankle is very sore. Been stretching my Achilles with very little pain but all the pain is on the inside of my ankle. Having a lot of

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Momamizell 2

Achilles surgery & recovery

I am six weeks post-op for an Achilles repair, Achilles lengthening and repair to tendons in my ankle. I have been non-weight bearing for the past 6 weeks. Unlike others, I did not tear mine playing sports. I tore mine walking down the hall at work. It was the result of inflamed planters

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kim08822 3

De quervains tenosynovitis

I have de quervains in both wrists, ive had a cortisone injection 6 weeks ago and my consultant has said im heading for surgery. Has anyone had de quervain release surgery if so i would be grateful for your experiences and feedback

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • maely 1

To work too soon?! Posterior tibial tendon surgery

I had posteriori tibial tendon repair three weeks ago. It was more invasive as expected. They had to drill home and insert a bone arch. My fmla was approved for up to four months but I only expected to be out a couple weeks. After the pain wore off a bit I went back to work today. It's my

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • denise130366 2

A question for the Ladies (maybe you men) re summer shoes

Hello. Could you please tell me if you were able to wear strappy sadles etc after a Achilles tendon repair. I have for the last 12 moths only been able to wear bouncy trainers ad would love if possible this summer to wear some nicer footwear. I've read alsorts on here and the net ad can't see

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Stanley1869 2

Surgery

I am going into hospital to have ny left achillies tendon reconstructed abd tendons in my legs shaved, very scared!! Anyone know what i an to expect to happen?? Will i be in a cast??

• denton61021 1

Need Achilles Tendon Rupture Rehab Advice

I ruptured my achilles almost four years ago and had a completely botched surgery, where the surgeon cut the cadavar tendon much too long disallowing for the tendon to work. I followed up with a second surgery with a different surgeon to correct the mistake almost two years after. The surgery was a success,...

• denise130366 2

Air cast boot questions

Hello. Im 5 weeks post achilles tendon (full synthetic) transfer and still in a plaster cast. I will be in the cast for 7 weeks in total prior to moving to the boot (can't wait). When you first went in the boot  could you walk straight away? How many wedges did you have put it? How long before

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jw454 3

Wrist Tendonitis!

I am in CONSTANT Ive been suffering from wrist tendonitis since Dec 2016. So Im about 6 weeks out. I went to the Regular Dr. in Jan and did a 9 day course of  predisone. It started to help but when the dosing finished it came back over time. I Went to the hand Dr. (Feb 2nd) Xray normal,

• Sunshine24 2

Second Achilles Tendon Tear Repair Surgery within 6 months

Hi all, I am new to your boards and hoping for some advice because right now I just feel so alone and depressed. I had my first Achilles Tendon tear repair surgery on 6/30/16 with also a case of Bursitis. We arent sure exactly how i tore it because the first doctor misdiagnosed it saying it was

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Yadeed 3

Achilles Surgery 72hrs ago

Had my surgery 72hrs ago and feel great. No pain except some throbbing around the surgery site when standing. Question for the group? I feel really good and can move my toes and foot around without any pain. I am in an ace wrap and a semi cast that just runs under my heel and up my leg. I have a

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kellyh88 1

Achilles tendonitis

I injured my ankle during a tackle 3 weeks ago in a football match, like with many sports injuries I just ice it and take ibuprofen. 2 weeks had passed and I still had swelling, and pain which started across the top of my foot, then went round to my ankle bone eventually to my Achilles. The doctor

• Sunshine24 2
  • david92021 2

Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery

Ruptured my achilles and had operation 17weeks ago. Still limping a fair amount with some pain despite gradually developing strength in the calf. Single heel raises limited but I can take weight whilst walking on my toes. Physio seems to think I should be further ahead and walking without limp or

52 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

achilles tendon debridement & FHL tendon transfer

Reading your experiences definately struck a nerve, so to speak, with me. I am one week post op after having achilles debridement & FHL tendon transfer. It all started following having my haglunds deformity removed last November, the pain in my ankle never got better following the original

• chris90457 2

9 Weeks Post Achilles Tendon Surgery Question

I had a complete tendon rupture and surgical repair. Foot was cast at 90 degree angle so I haven't had to do stretching. I am now in a boot, 9 weeks post operation. I will have the boot on another two weeks at least. I have been walking with crutches for two weeks. Have been having a lot of

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • harryman 1
  • Mark A 2

Achilles supports

Should I wear supports when I am out my boot after recovering from an Achilles' tendon rupture?I actually thought about wearing one on my good foot as that was taking all the so,can anyone recommend any?

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nate99100 2
  • lone75234 2
  • denise130366 2
  • tbcsoccer4 1
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions