Skip to content

Tendon Problems

Also known as Achilles Tendon Problems

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Achilles Rupture and Recovery Process

Blew Achilles March 24, 2018 playing volleyball on hard surface. Heard a pop, like someone claped their hands next to me, and then felt like somebody had just kicked me in the back of the calf. I limped off the court and had a friend look at my ankle. He said it appeared to be an Achilles tendon rupture....

Posted
  • Mallet Finger

I had a mallet finger.The tendon on the back of my left ring finger was ruptured.I put a homemade splint on it to keep it straight.the tendon healed without surgery.

Posted
  • What can be causing widespread tendon damage throughout my body

I have developed widespread tendonitis throughout my whole body. It s in my arms ,elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and feet. What could be causing my tendons to be so weak and break down so easily ? Is it a specific defiency or maybe an autoimmune response? I m a 23 yr old male with semi active job.i...

Last reply
  • Achilles problems

Hi went over my ankle at the gym six months ago and was in so much pain but my gp insisted that my Achilles wasn't damaged and that it needed six months to recover. After six months I was still walking with a limp so I went private and my mri scan has shown a full tear in my Achilles with a 2cm...

Last reply
  • achilles tendon surgery

My husband is having surgery on a ruptured Achilles tendon today. we are going on holidays on 11 may which is 3 weeks ago. would it be ok to fly and travel then.  

Last reply
  • Fell After Surgery

I am six weeks out from my Achilles Tendon surgery (starting weight bearing today). I fell two days ago and landed on my injured foot and felt a pop. I went straight to the ER and after having three different people look at it I was told everything is fine besides the acute trauma I caused during the...

Last reply
  • Partial (high-grade) gluteus medius tear

Wrote in weeks ago, but maybe I was on the wrong discussion group - but would love to hear from anyone who had an accident and partially tore the GM tendon. It certainly interferes with a lot, and they don't like doing surgery there, but was a jogger for 25 years, yet now it hurts to walk. Thus,...

Last reply
  • Torn Gluteus Minimus

I am dealing with a painful torn gluteus minimus tendon.  I was originally diagnosed with bursitus over 10 years ago.  Cortizone injections helped for a few years but eventually didn’t provide any relief.  In retrospect, I think all the injections probably contributed to my tear.  About...

Posted
  • Burning right heel, painful foot

So my feet have been pretty sore this past week, right foot is much worse than the left, both knees are painful/burning feeling tbh lots of other joint issues i think, im going for some bloods next week. Dr said my ankle is swollen been on naproxen for 2 days, no improvement yet, still awful to walk...

Last reply
  • after achille tendon surgery

hi folks,  it was one week ago ı full ruptured my right tendon, my leg up to knee took into hard plaster for 3 days and i totally had no pain which i think is normal. after 3 day ı got the surgery, ı had 2 days of really very high pain, till one night pain suddenly gone away.. im frustrared...

Last reply
  • Achilles Tendon Repair/Bone Spur Removal

Hi! I'm a 60 year old female. I had a partial rupture of my Achilles due to a huge bone spur pretty much shredding the Achilles. I went through all non-surgical procedures for approximately 6 months at which point my Doctor told me I had no other option other than surgery. Four weeks ago yesterday,...

Posted
  • Achilles Tear?

Hi everyone on 3/22 I fell down the stairs and had the hurt my Achilles. I went to the Emergency room and they did the typical X-Ray  and the Thompson test and the bad foot has a slight reflex. She told me to go see my primary and my primary did the same and prescribed a MRI ( Scheduled for 4/1)...

Last reply
  • Achilles' tendon surgery and recovery time

I ruptured my Achilles' tendon complete rupture on 11th October surgery on 17th been told 4 weeks in plaster visit after 2 weeks I assume to look at repair and re plaster? Then 4 weeks with boot and wedges when can I drive I have been signed off work 4 weeks want to go back asap as sick pay isn't...

Last reply
  • Still in pain after Achilles surgery

I had Achilles reconstruction surgery back on December 20, 2016. I'm still in pain almost 5 months later. I'll give a little history. I started having heel pain in January 2016. Doctor told me I had tendonitis. I started with physical therapy and it unfortunately did not help. I wore a boot...

Last reply
  • Strange sensation in arms, vein or tendon related

Hi there, Over the last year I've been experiencing a strange pain in both my right and left arm, near my elbow, but extending upwards towards my armpit and occasionally down through my fingers - hard to pinpoint exactly where it is stemming from. It isn't a constant pain but occurs when either...

Posted
  • MRI showed ruptured tendon

Hello So my MRI showed a ruptured peroneus longs tendon in my foot, and my doctor took me to surgery yesterday. Upon opening my foot, she could not find a ruptured tendon. She said she looked for over an hour and couldn't find anything. So  she closed me up and nothing was done. We are both...

Last reply
  • Multiple tendonitis throughout body

So I recently got back from my rheomotologst and they said all my blood work for autoimmune and disease were negative . I'm getting more and more frustrated being that they are unable to find what is causing my multiple tendon breakdown. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it ?

Last reply
  • Heel Pain - Walking Boot

Hello All- Tore my achilles about 6 weeks ago (March 27), and had surgery about 4.5 weeks ago. Was in a splint for a week, and then a cast for 3 weeks. Last Thursday I had my cast taken off and I was put in a walking boot. I have actualy experienced more pain in my heel and the outside of my foot on...

Last reply
  • Achilles Rupture - Non Surgical - Pain after 8 weeks

Hi folks. I fully ruptured my Achilles Tendon 8 weeks ago. Have had no surgery. Was in a cast for 5 weeks in the fully equinus position. Just over two weeks ago, i got moved into moon boot and removed a wedge 1 week ago - so I am in a semi equinus position. Since boot has been on i have been doing tentative...

Last reply
  • Achilles rupture. When does Physio begin

Complete rupture of Achilles March 1st 2018. Cast for 2 weeks, just got my air cast boot with wedges. Non surgical. When does the physio start ? I was given a sheet of paper saying heel tapping this week but it doesn't say how often. To do this I take the boot off right ? I'm going to...

Last reply
  • Hamstring tendon - what happened?

So im a very serious gymgoer and train since 8 years. I did an exercise called hyperextensions at the end of my workout and had my legs all stretched out during that exercise. after my set, I got up and felt a stabbing pain in my leg. I recognised that pain when i was standing and stretched my left hamstring,...

Last reply
  • Achilles Post Surgey Pain

I had surgery on my Achilles’ tendon about one and a half weeks ago. My surgery involved a tear as well as a cut on my tendon.  I overdid it with movement on two days ago while still being careful to keep weight off of my ankle. I am in more pain now in comparison to three days ago. There is also...

Posted
  • Achilies tendon rupture conservative treatment

Im going into my 12 th week post rupture . Was wondering how other people are getting on .  Im doing well but not counting my chickens yet . I was put in a boot with early weight baring . 25% from week 2 upto full from week 4 to week 8 if it felt ok which it did . Iv been walking out of the boot...

Last reply
  • I ruptured my Achilles tendon on 8 th Feb

Hai.. I ruptured my Achilles tendon on 8 th Feb 18,Undergone surgery n 11 th Feb.After 3 weeks of cast, stitches removed on 4 th March.Again in cast for one more month.11 th April have doctor appointment. what will be the next steps after 11 th April? when can I walk without crutches?

Last reply
  • post surgery ruptured achilles tendon

Thought i would start a new discussion. Tore my right achilles nearly 3 weeks ago now. Had the operation about 10 days after rupture. I am in my late twenties and it came as a bit of a shock if im honest. I go to the gym regularly and exercise with weights frequently. Anyway, had the op and im in no...

Last reply
  • Vacoped non-surgical Achilles rupture treatment

Hi, I ruptured my Achilles in Feb ‘18. I’ve had a Vacoped boot on for 2 week for non surgical Achilles rupture. After changing the lining today I noticed my heel is still severely dented. Has anyone else had experience with this? Or can anyone tell me after how many weeks the tendons start joining back...

Last reply
  • Achilles rupture 2 years later

Ruptured my Achilles 2 years ago, conservative method as I was 34 so no surgery. First 12 months I was motivated in the gym and got back to playing netball. However I’ve noticed I still have bad heel pain and outer foot pain (feels bruised) also my calf isn’t getting stronger it doesnt stop me however...

Posted
  • Losing all hope with Achilles Tendinopathy

Hey guys, hoping I could share my story with you in the hope someone has experience in what I am suffering. First of all my story begins over 2 years ago, I was doing a lot of work and playing sport, football (soccer) training 3 days a week and running usually 2 nights. I was really putting the effort...

Last reply
  • Shoulder tendon repair

2 1/2 months post op tendon repair and now I'm having a terrible pain when I move my arm certain ways almost like it's catching. I stopped my PT and have been icing but it just hits me all of a sudden and I don't know what to do. has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions for me?...

Last reply
  • Driving and walking again after tendon repair surgery

Hi all,  On the 22nd of January I dropped a glass blender and it sliced open my foot as well as severing two of my tendons, (the one that moves my foot up and down, when driving, and the one that is connected to my big toe) In currently in a hard cast. So far it’s been 4 weeks and I get it off in...

Last reply
  • Im getting surgery march7th. Im getting scared

Im a corrections officer and after walking at work for to long my ankle starts to hurt. My doctor says I will be in a bandage for 2 weeks than a cast for 6 weeks. Im getting scared listing to everyone. I need to know if I will be able to stand on my foot by the end of may.this other job I've been...

Last reply
  • 6 weeks since I ruptured achilles tendon.

I ruptured my achilles tendon (full rupture) on the 9/6/17. Would like to tell people how I have got on since. After diagnosis I was placed in a cast for 1 week then put into a air boot for 5 weeks. From day 1 I haven't really suffered any pain only the odd discomfort. 1st week in the boot I didn't...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.