Undiagnosed/untreated Ruptured Achilles Tendon.

Posted , 3 users are following.

70+ year old had a mishap, involving ankle/leg, on the second day following, I attended the local walk-in centre and after consultation was referred to A/E department. After consultation and some examination was referred back the following day for scan and x-ray and discharged with compression tubing and advice. Weeks later with continued aches/pains/swelling contacted local Physios/MSK for advice. Appointment arranged, and after consultation, further appointment made/referred to senior staff who after questioning , examination and scan, confirmed a Ruptured Achilles Tendon, which by this stage was too late to be operated on. Exercises and advice given and a follow up appointment gave the same. Now 16 weeks later, I still have swollen foot, ankle and calf , which ease off somewhat overnight, but then swell again as the next day progresses. Any help or advice would be more than welcome.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

when treated for torn Achilles tendon a boot was given with instructions , rest and ice. the boot caused more pain and I took it off . then it seemed to heal much better and quicker. used a walker to get around. just rest, ice in time the swelling went down and used rocker shoes to build up stamina in my ankle and calf. however since then have not had the same movement when stepping up and down stairs always been a bit stiff .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.