Distal radius fracture severe commuitition fixed with dorsal spanning plates

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had a fall playing tennis and severely broke my wrist distal radius bone into multiple fragments. ER did the initial treatment and referred to ortho , surgery was done to fix the distal radius with plate and screws.

2 days after surgery sent to PT and had a removable cast. PT changed dressings and gave movement exercises, first postop meet with surgeon, xrays were good but advised to refrain from any extensions as screws were narrowly holding the fragmented bones, next postop visit was in 5th week, meanwhile

PT continued, during next postop visit doc said xrays were not good and bone had collapsed, i would need another surgery , this time will use a dorsal spanning plate to hold the distal radius bone,

another surgery was done last week and now waiting to heal, next postop visit is tomorrow, future prognosis is:

• wait for fracture to heal in next 6 weeks
  • continue PT movement exercices
  • once fracture heals another surgery to remove the dorsal spanning plate,,, not sure what will be the healing n recovery time,,,

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.