6 weeks post op and swelling is still bad is this normal

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi there, is there anyone out there experienceing this... i am six weeks post op, after double bunion removal and hammer toe correction, had stitches out after two weeks and pin out today, but my feet are still very swollen... in the morning they are fine but as soon as i put weight on them one is ok but the one with the hammer toe, blows up like a ballon feels tight and gives me hot stinging pains... then i get like a nerve sting pain in my big toe that comes and goes... this seems to be worse when the swelling is bad... i see my surgeon today who seemed abit surprised they were still so swollen at six weeks... but did not seem concerned... but i am and just want to know if anyone else has experienced long term swelling with pain, thanks x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gilly, how the swelling? Hope you've been icing and elevating? Lol I have frozen peas on as we speak! How did you get on with the pin removal? Have you took before during and after pics? X I love seeing people's experiences so feel free to post, they may not be as swollen as you feel they are x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.