6 weeks post op, can bear weight, no PT yet

Posted , 7 users are following.

So today was my 6 weeks post op appt! We did an X-ray and he cleared me to start weight bearing in the boot. No PT yet tho - said not til maybe after I see him in a month. And no swimming/getting in the pool. I’m bummed. He said PT would possibly wiggle my screws loose and cause problems. I tried to walk after leaving and umm no way lol. Hurts, feels awkward, etc. I don’t know where to even start. Does this sound typical? I feel discouraged since I can’t get in pool sad 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just back from 9 week post op follow up. Told to wean myself out of boot into shoe (if I have one that will fit). PT to begin next week. Still significant swelling especially as day progresses. Told to elevate and ice nightly and after PT for as long as needed (months I was told). My incision sites are still very sensitive to touch, lots of soft tissue damage per doctor. Agreed, everyone must go at their own pace to ensure proper recovery. Good luck to all. Patience and trusting the healing process is definitely the tough part.
  • Posted

Brooke

I hope you recover soon. I go back the 31st for my 6 week post ob appt. I am recovering from a double fracture in my right ankle. I had a 10 inch plate and 10 screws put inside. The worst part so far is the burning / tingling / numbness on the bottom of my upper foot / big toe area.  I only used my pain meds the day after surgery but I am tempted to take some if this keeps up. I just know this takes time. Have you had issues trying to sleep? I have but if I managed 4 to 5 hours I’m happy.

Thanks

Mark

• Posted

Hey Brooke,

I will be 6 weeks post op at the end of May and will hopefully get put in the boot. I am really nervous about trying to put any weight on it, I'm sure it must have felt really weird for you! Best of luck!

• Posted

Krysti

How bad of a fracture did you have? I opted for the boot after 2 weeks in a cast. I been having a lot of discomfort  in my toes / bottom of my foot and has been making sleeping difficult 

Hope you heal up soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.