6 weeks post op leakage, pain and depressed fistulotomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had fistulotomy slightly over 6 weeks now but still have pain with Bowel Movements it gets swollen and hours after that have to clean as there is constant leakage, it is very depressing at this time though in the afternoon it gets back to normal and have no irritation and it is more comfortable after. I have been doing sitz baths with chamomile for wound care as antibiotic ointments mostly give me skin rash and allergic reaction (stopped neosporin now using fucidin again but both cause skin rash), I do not use lax as I my bowel goes out of control with those, try to eat high fiber food and plenty of water but can get constipated at times... as well as I have IBS and simultaneously taking medicine for it probiotics, antacids and some for ulcer treatment. I keep visiting the doctor and he tells me there is no sign of a recurrence of the fistula however, the wound is not healing as fast as it should and the leakage is yellowish-green, no pus, which he says it is a good sign, just prolonging the healing time as the wound is not being closed and he doesn't know why. His Answer? wait a little longer... I am very depressed at this moment I really want to know if this is normal and if it will heal over-time .

I live far from family, I have been for 6 weeks on my own, all I do is work and home (alone), trying to constantly clean. Socializing 0 at this point, it is driving me mental.

Please share your experiences.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

the process takes a while. it can feel very isolating at times. think of it as two steps forward one step back for the healing process. if something is seriously worrisome, make that appointment asap, see if your doctor will take questions over the phone too. the best advice i can give you is to just take care of your body, and be patient with yourself and easy on yourself. i for some reason hated myself after it, felt like it was my fault or something. just know that youre not alone in your experience and there are plenty of people out there dealing with something similar so dont feel so isolated. best of luck,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.