6 weeks post TKR

Posted , 7 users are following.

6 1/2 weeks post TKR right knee and 5 days post TKR in left knee. This are progressing well. I am learning a lot about patience. Everyday I feel my legs getting stronger and having less pain. I had two days of PT at home and tomorrow will resume outpatient PT. I Can't wait to have this all behind me. Thankful I have two legs and was able to have TKR.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck Hen, such a brave lady having both done so close to each other, wishing you a good recovery with lots of patience strength and positivity. 😊.
  • Posted

Wow Jen you're like Wonder Woman.!! At 6 weeks I still had a strong dislike to knee surgery! Good for you, keep up the positive attitude and patience.

• Posted

Goal is 0 straight / +120 or more bent.  It's hard work.  "Never give up. Never surrender." - Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest

• Posted

Great attitude Jen. It helps knowing what to expect and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. In a few weeks you'll be moving around and causing trouble. It does help to remember what you have to be thankful for. I appreciate that reminder.

Mo

• Posted

Hey!! You summed it up for me when you said you were thankful you had two legs and was able to have total knee replacement! Very powerful words for me! I'm having my operation on July 17 after having my hip replaced on April 5! I feel sorry for myself some days and I know I should be grateful!! I read posts and some words really stick to me. My other helpful phrase was to surrender yourself when you get to the hospital and leave dverything in their hands! Don't get me wrong now I learned from everybody's posts. It's just that some first right now hit me Right where I'm feeling! ?? Sorry for the rambling!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.