6 weeks pregnant and ultrasound shows empty sac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I went for my 1st ultrasound today to check on my 6th week pregnancy and the doctor told me all could see was an empty sac. he suggests I go for another scan in 2 weeks as some pregnancies delay to show on a scan. I have a feeling this will end in a miscarriage and I m losing my mind. has anyone here been through a similar situation?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, christelle51966! First of all, don't panic cos it doesn't help ! Yes, I've been through similar. I went for my first scan on the 9th week and it showed nothing though I had all the symptoms of being pregnant . The 2nd scan was on 11th week and it was empty.. It wasn't a miscarriage, I don't know why it happened to me.. Anyway, I am trying to conceive again and I search for extra info. Well, I do hope that everything's gonna be fine with you. Please, feel free to share your further situation with me! God bless you!

• Posted

Hey there. I see that you've posted it a couple of months ago... how are you now? I hope you're pregnant... I was at the same situation but I've lost my baby. There's nothing left for me but reproductive technologies...

• Posted

I'm sorry for your loss 😞 sorry it took me so long to come back on here. I had a baby in March. it was a tough road but I'm being grateful everything ended up well. I pray that things work for you as well 🙏🏽 thanks for checking. Please keep me posted ! take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.