Skip to content

Pregnancy and Genetic Disorders

Also known as Antenatal Investigations, Baby and Infants , Chloasma, Cholestasis - Obstetric, Colic in Babies, Congenital Disorders, Down's Syndrome, Ectopic Pregnancy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Galactosemia, Genetic Disorders, Getting Pregnant, Hydatidiform Mole, Infants Health, Infertility, Jaundice - Neonatal, Metabolic Disease, Miscarriage, Molar Pregnancy, Newborn Health, Obstetric Cholestasis, PKU - Phenylketonuria, Pregnancy - Ectopic, Roseola, Rubella, Spina Bifida, Teething, Turner's Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pregenant & Skin Lumps.

Hi all. I hope I am in the correct section. My daughter is 13 weeks pregnant with her second child, She has some skin lumps which are very sore, red and she finds it very uncomfortable to walk, her doctor examined them, saying they were infectious cists  and placed on antibiotics, to return...

Last reply
  • Adult suvivors of Rhesus Haemolytic Disease

I agree that there is very little information about this condition. I was born with it and apparantly spent 2 months in an incubator. I would like more information on possible life long problems as a consequence of having this disease in infancy. I am 34 and have suffered all my life with low immunity,...

Last reply
  • Negative pt and negative ultrasound I still feel pregnant

Hi ladies I'm up here hoping to get some feed back and to hear if anyone else has experienced this. I have had 2 negative hpt and 1 negative ultrasound, however I have these pregnancy symtoms that I can't hide My abdomen has noticeably grown Fequent urination Lower back and butt ache Hunger...

Last reply
  • Can a cleft mother give birth to a cleft baby?

I have unilateral cleft lip and palate, age 30. I am planning to get pregnant but scared of passing on the deformity to my baby. What are the chances of this nightmare becoming true? Is there anything I can do before pregnancy to avoid transferring faulty genes to my baby? Please help. I am super nervous....

Last reply
  • Uterus size is hypoplast

Hi... I am 23yrs old. I haven't got my periods yet. Doctor says my uterus size is hypoplast. Is it possible to increase the size of uterus and can it lead to a chance of pregnancy??

Last reply
  • newborn experience with jejunum atresia

My daughter was born with jejunum atresia. I am sharing my experience starting from diagnostic until her hospital discharge with hope that this read would be helpful for other parents in similar situation. Initial Diagnostic: During the last pregnancy scans of my wife, Gynaecologist noticed abnormal...

Last reply
  • Pregnant or not? Sickness?

Just need some advice, i am trying for a baby. I came off the pill in November after 36 days finally had a period on the 15th December. I then wasn’t sure when I was due on again but took it as another 36days. In January on day 25 and 26 I had brown spot bleeding. Then on day 32 was light bleeding, day...

Last reply
  • protective in pregnancy

Hi I am Autistic with Asperger's Syndrome, currently just under 8 months pregnant with my first child and I would like to know if it is normal to not want anyone but my partner and health professionals to touch my bump? As it is I generally like to have my own personal space, but because of this...

Last reply
  • secondary infertility

My husband and I have been always dreaming about children. But unfortunately I was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus. The uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries were removed. At first I was crying a lot, I had a depression and I was even attending a psychologist. My husband supported me and cheered me...

Last reply
  • High prolactin level and increased period cycle

I m trying to conceive for a year now and from past 10 months my usual 33 day menstrual cycle is increased to 40. It even went to 52 days for 2 months. after doctors’s advice i got some tests done. They indicated high prolactin level 93.7 and without fasting insulin 117. What should I do?

Last reply
  • Pregnancy risk?

My girlfriend and I had sex and used a condom and stopped before I had ejaculated. I had the condom before any genital contact. And I went to the washroom to finish myself off (because we’ve had a pregnancy scare before) and I filled the comdom with water to check for tips or tears, there were none....

Posted
  • Could this be hereditary?

This is a bit of an odd question. My mother struggled to give birth both times and ended with emergency C sections. I was not engaged etc so she never even had labour but my brother put her through hours of it &never came out.  Turns out her hips are way too narrow to give birth naturally and...

Last reply
  • Help I keep reading things online and it’s confusing.

Hi so I think I’m pregnant. My last period was oct 12th and I had sex the 21st and 28th. Missed my nov period and 8 Days later had bleeding for two day. I’ve taken two pregnancy test one was negative and one was a error... whatever that means. The test being negative just really confused me.

Last reply
  • Pregnant? Help!

My girlfriend and I had intercourse on 12/11/17 at around 10pm and her period started 12/7 lasted 3 days. We had unprotected sex and I tied to pull out before ejaculating and I think I was successful as there was a lot when outside of her. However I can not be sure. She took Plan B one step around 6:30pm...

Last reply
  • 2 negative pregnancy tests but I still feel pregnant??

Okay, so on July 12th, I had stupid sex (protected). On Aug 3rd I went in to get my nexplanon inserted. They had me pee in a cup and on the patient portal it said they did two pregnancy tests and they inserted the nexplanon. I didn’t have sex afterwards and here it is 5 months later and still haven’t...

Last reply
  • Could I be pregnant?

I’ve never had a ‘pregnancy scare’ before and have always used condoms in the past. However recently I was in a relationship and was on the mini pill so we used this as our only contraception. A few weeks ago I was ill for 2 weeks in bed so didn’t take my pill. Then I took my pill for two days once I...

Last reply
  • I don't know how I'm feeling anymore

Last year was one of the hardest years I've ever been through, I mean where do I start. I lost my nan in January this really hurt as she was one of the only people that kept me connected to my dads side of the family, I also lost my uncle in the the middle of the year an then had a miscarriage who...

Last reply
  • Is there any pregnancy risk???

My girlfriend and I had sex around December 1-3, we were first grinding while fully clothed, i did not ejaculate while we were doing so, i then rolled over and put on a condom the correct way before rolling it onto the bad of my penis. We then had sex and it did not end in ejaculation. I kept the condom...

Last reply
  • How reproductive medicine can change your life.

Hi, I'm from Lodz, Poland. 2 years ago, one my girlfriend and her husband are 6 years married, live together for 9 years. 4 years she tried to get pregnant, but all was unsuccessful. Doctors did not diagnose infertility but naturally they did not succeed ... In despair, they decided to turn to the...

Posted
  • surrogacy?

Hello ladies! I’m 47, married, no kids. My dh and I have been tts for 9 years already. I’ve got pregnant in 2012, but there was problem with my kidneys and doctors had to terminate pregnancy. There is a very high risk for me to get pregnant again. We decided to use services of surrogate mother. Surrogacy...

Last reply
  • ecstasy pills and sperms

Hi,  I am an 34 year old man. We have just learned that my wife is pregnant (5 weeks). When we look at our calendar we see that the sexual relationship is at 8th June night which most possibly caused the pregnancy. I have used two ecstacy pills at the midnight which connects 4th June to  5th...

Last reply
  • Please help me....

Cam somone please help me? My three year old baby girl has develped a rash on her chest it started of rearly small but over night has got bigger, im getting rearly worrid about it... does anyone know what it could be?  Iv attached a photo of it so id appreciate any help       http://bit.do/Bellas_rash-jpg

Posted
  • Possible pregnancy?

I had sex with my partner 3 weeks ago and he cum in me. We didn't use protection cause we find it uncomfortable and I'm not on any contraceptive. My period was 4 days late and it just started today. Is there still a possibility that I could be pregnant cause I know not everyone misses a period?...

Last reply
  • long ttc, surrogacy after 6 MCs

This thread is cry of my heart. This is hope that someday I'll see my own baby. My husband and I have been together for 10 years. Recently I had a miscarriage. I had 6 MCs in general. Unfortunately there is no chance for me to carry a baby. But this can be done by another woman. That's why it...

Last reply
  • Trouble getting pregnant.. any help greatly appreciated.

hello all,  my husband and I have been trying for about. A year now to get pregnant with no results. Let me start off by saying in 23 years old, and rather healthy at 100 lbs. I would say we have seriously been trying for the past four or five months now. About two months ago I started taking ovulation...

Last reply
  • infertility, what options do I have?

Really don’t know what to do, need your advice. My husband and I have got married 4 year ago. First year of our marriage we’ve been trying to conceive a baby, but unsuccessfully. And actually I knew the reason why. When I was 17 I had an abortion. Nobody knew about it. I had never told about it neither...

Last reply
  • Is surrogacy the answer for infertility?

Surrogacy is a method through which couples opt for when all the other hopes are lost. It is method through which another woman carries and gives birth to a baby for the couple who want to have a child. But is surrogacy the only solution to infertility?

Last reply
  • Ectopic pregnancy symptoms?

Hi guys, So for the last 4 weeks I have been experiencing serve groin pain and leg pain mainly on my left side. After many trips to my doctors and A&E I was told I am pregnant however a ultrasound scan can not find anything however they have found what looks like a cyst on my left ovary and there...

Last reply
  • I had period but some signs of pregnancy is present

My boyfriend and I had intercourse last Oct. 20 and my last period was last Dec. 1 until Dec. 6. That 5-day menstrual flow is not my regular thing since I usually have mine in 30 days period every 3 months. Yes. I only got my period every 3 months with a 30 day duration. When we had our intercourse,...

Last reply
  • Still Bleeding After Birth

Hi, I had my second baby 2 weeks ago, my bleeding stopped after a week then I started having big red gushes of blood every day, sometimes twice. There is no pattern to them, it just trickles out like a tap then stops. I’ve been back to hospital twice for tests, they have come back clear for infection...

Last reply
  • Pyloric Stenosis and long term effects

Hi - my son had this condition and was operated on at 4 weeks. We were told at the time it is usually noticed at 3 months plus and he was very young and the muscle was very thick. He is now nearly 21 but has always been thin but with a good appetite but always had a 'full' feeling. GP now...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.