Skip to content

Pregnancy and Genetic Disorders

Also known as Antenatal Investigations, Baby and Infants , Chloasma, Cholestasis - Obstetric, Colic in Babies, Congenital Disorders, Down's Syndrome, Ectopic Pregnancy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Galactosemia, Genetic Disorders, Getting Pregnant, Hydatidiform Mole, Infants Health, Infertility, Jaundice - Neonatal, Metabolic Disease, Miscarriage, Molar Pregnancy, Newborn Health, Obstetric Cholestasis, PKU - Phenylketonuria, Pre-eclampsia, Pregnancy - Ectopic, Roseola, Rubella, Spina Bifida, Teething, Turner's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • long ttc, surrogacy after 6 MCs

This thread is cry of my heart. This is hope that someday I'll see my own baby. My husband and I have been together for 10 years. Recently I had a miscarriage. I had 6 MCs in general. Unfortunately there is no chance for me to carry a baby. But this can be done by another woman. That's why it...

Last reply
  • Ectopic Pregnancy??

Hi there, I'm a 16 year old female who is sexually active and suffers from very painful periods. I recently had this pain about two weeks ago that probably lasted for a week (around 1 week before my period) in my lower abdomen, a heaviness and fullness, hurt when I went to the toilet (not a stinging...

Posted
  • Could I be pregnant?

I’m just wondering if I could be pregnant my last period ended on the 14th February it is now 1st of May so that’s about 7 weeks Late, I’ve done about 7 pregnancy tests which all day negative.  Ive has a few days were I have felt sick and borked a few times but I don’t know if it’s in my head worrying...

Last reply
  • Recurrent miscarriages

I’ve now had 5 miscarriages four in a row and a rainbow baby after the first miscarriage. Really want to find out why this continues to happen. 

Posted
  • Pregnancy

It states to much vitimin a can harm a baby when your pregnant. Is this only from supplements or to much fruit and veg what contains vitamin a as well ??

Last reply
  • Pyloric Stenosis and long term effects

Hi - my son had this condition and was operated on at 4 weeks. We were told at the time it is usually noticed at 3 months plus and he was very young and the muscle was very thick. He is now nearly 21 but has always been thin but with a good appetite but always had a 'full' feeling. GP now...

Last reply
  • Adult suvivors of Rhesus Haemolytic Disease

I agree that there is very little information about this condition. I was born with it and apparantly spent 2 months in an incubator. I would like more information on possible life long problems as a consequence of having this disease in infancy. I am 34 and have suffered all my life with low immunity,...

Last reply
  • Missed period, Could I be pregnant?

Can someone please help me out? Give me the best answer.  My last period was March 1st-5th, the change over started on March 28th is when I begin to miss my period for months, until this date. I have had urine, blood, and ultrasound testing everything was NEGATIVE . No stds, not stressed, hormones...

Posted
  • Recurrent misscarriges no full term pregnancy’s

Hi all I’m new to this group discussion I’m wondering if anyone has been in the same position as me and what they did to help things. I’m suffering from re current misscarriges I have never had a full term or successful pregnancy I’ve had tests done to try find s reason all come back ok and nothing wrong...

Last reply
  • Late pregnancy

I am 13days late I have had series of pregnancy test all negative,I went for an ultrasound no sign of pregnancy, I am having whitish discharge and my nipples are paining me seriously and a time I have menstral pains,please what could be the cause

Last reply
  • Noticed something weird, really need advice

So I went to go take a shower, and then I had noticed these little red bumps on the areola and my nipple was red (just the nipple). From what I’ve searched up, it’s linked to early pregnancy and that worries me because I’ve never had sex, so I have no idea on what it could be. Please help. (Sorry if...

Posted
  • Rash on my one month old son !

About 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ago my one month old son started getting a rash. The doctor at first diagnosed it as baby acne but I returned about a week or so after because it was getting worse😑😑😑 they had no real answers except to go to dermatologist... any suggestions???

Posted
  • Can this be implantation bleeding?

Yesterday when I wiped there was little pink spots but this morning when I woke up and I wipe I see this and someone told me it might be implantation bleeding, I did had sex unprotected as well... what should I do?? Is it implantation bleeding or my period ?? 

Posted
  • Help, might be pregnant?

I'm spotting. My period started on wed, had sex on thurs, and now I'm spotting today, is it way too early to tell? Or should I take a test? Also, if I am pregnant, I need advice. I'm only 21 and still live at home. My mom and step dad are CRAZY strict. Even the subject of pregnancy gets their...

Last reply
  • Did i have sex to soon?

I miscarried on 23/3 and I bled all that day and bled 24/3 morning and then it's just stopped so on 25/3 morning me and my partner had unprotected sex. What is going on with my body?

Last reply
  • Unplanned pregnancy

I’m 39, have 4 teenage kids, and am pregnant, as the kids are from different partners me and my partner have lovely holidays and free time alone, he wants me to get an abortion but I don’t think I can, everybody thinks I should, and I’d have no help if I had the baby i feel my life is ruined , anyone...

Last reply
  • Trying for 4months

I've been trying to conceive for 4months now by tracking ovulation n fertility week and bbt,I consulted my GP and he said everything is fine,but why I haven't succeeded?

Last reply
  • RH DISEASE SURVIVORS & THEIR CHILDREN'S HEALTH

I was born in 1960 Rh Incompatible, resulting in being born with Rh Disease.  I myself have one child, now a grown daughter.  When she was 3 years old she came down with the deadly, Bacterial Meningitis.   My daughter survived, but was left with some personality changes.  Up...

Posted
  • Worried about being pregnant help

my last full period was february 20. the incident of the unprotected sex was march 1. i took a plan b one hour after the unprotected sex. i had four days of bleeding march 11-15, but i don't think it was my period, i'm assuming it might have been the side effect of the pill. after weeks of worrying...

Posted
  • Born without ovaries

Hi! First time on any forum. So I’m 33 and was born without ovaries! I found out when I was 16 so it’s been a very different life to most. Any fellow ladies in the same position? Stories/advice/ support welcome f

Last reply
  • IUD and cytotec

Just looking for anybody on the same boat as me. Im gonna have IUD placement soon and was prescribed cytotec 200mcg by mouth the night before and the day of procedure to dilate my cervix for easy placement of iud.  Im just concerned if it is safe for me to take it because i just had open myomectomy...

Posted
  • Smad 3

I have just returned home from hospital due to dibilitating back pain. whilst in I had an MRI which showed posterior bulging of the L2/L3,L3/L4 and L4/ L5 S1; furthermore it showed haemangioma in the L3 veritable body posteriorly, I also have scoliosis  i am in dibilitating pain with my back and...

Posted
  • Thrush during pregnancy

Hello, I'm in the early stages of pregnancy and am suffering from an irritating case of thrush. Any recommendations on what to use? I tried to ask the pharmacist but they were reluctant to advise. My doctor told me to try natural methods before contemplating a cream. If it persists, I ought to make...

Posted
  • Muscle Spasms Lower Back After Miscarriage

Hi guys I has a miscarriage on Friday and I've passed the baby, just got the little remaining bits left I think. I've not had any abdominal cramping thankfully but if I get up from bed rest, even be it to go to the loo and I lie back down, I get huge muscle spasm cramping like sensations in...

Posted
  • Confused

I been feeling movement in my lower tummy but my hpt blood test nd transviginally ultrasound came back negative.i had unprotected sex after being celibate 4 8yrs can someone please help me with this

Last reply
  • More symptoms

I am now having serious spine issues.it is twisting on me.does anyone else have spine issues?

Posted
  • Ongoing Mystery Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see of any of you all...

Posted
  • I've just found out I'm pregnant. Don't know what to do?

Me and my new partner had unprotected sex as I am on the implant but I just felt really sick and things which led me to do a test. We have spoke and he wants me to have an abortion but I blagged him and said I couldn't until 15 weeks I just wanr to find out the gender so i feel that it was real....

Last reply
  • Stop X-Rays diagnostics on pre-zygote oocytes (pre-gravid women)

My letter: Esteemed Venter Institute; Urgently develop a gene test to show X-Rays radioDiagnostics deletions in q-branch of long chromosomes (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..) subtelomeric extremities: expected more numerous compared to natural sporadic DNA mutations for cosmic X-rays.. Before the sound mothers...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.