Born without ovaries

Posted , 42 users are following.

Hi! First time on any forum.

So I’m 33 and was born without ovaries! I found out when I was 16 so it’s been a very different life to most. Any fellow ladies in the same position? Stories/advice/ support welcome f

4 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi too,,,i am also first time on any forum

i think u should hire a surrogate mother,,,,who will bear her fertilized egg by ur partners sperm,

• Posted

Hi Lucy I'm so sorry to hear that, so any chances of children

• Posted

Hi I was also born with no ovaries and was diagnosed when I was 18 way back in 1984! At the time I was put on the Pill to give me enough hormones to help me develop dvd to give me a period. Later I was put on HRT for the sane reasons. The same year in was also diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis so I thought that there would never be any children in my life. Any way long story shortish, I got married at 23 to a wonderful man who said he was in it for love and my conditions didn't worry him. Many years later in Novemver 1993 my sister in law had a baby and I got quite depressed and asked to see a gynaecologist again (I had asked about it bit long after we were married abs told it wasn't possible) and he referred me to an IVF clinic to see about egg donation. We were lucky enough to get funding for one try and they found a donor, so on bonfire night 1994 at 08.30 am I had one single embryo implanted. Two weeks later after a blood test we got the news, we were pregnant! July 1995 my beautiful baby daughter was born. Now, I will be 52 on Friday and I have two gorgeous grand-daughters! So don't give up hope. My womb was also under sized apparently but all that happened there is she was 3 weeks early and because of the RA in had a c - section.

There are women out there with hearts so big that will help you if you are able to carry, and of course surrogacy is also an option. Just ask and you'll be surprised what solutions are out there. My dad said that medical science would change and I'd have a baby and he was right! And it's the best thing I ever did. My daughter and my grand-daughters are my absolute world and I hope that you are as lucky as I have been. I'm always here if you want a chat. So I hope my story hag helped you a little. I know I felt like I was the only person in the world like me! So if I can offer any advice I'd be happy to answer any questions. So take care and most of all talk to your doctors and tell them what you want and fingers crossed they might have a solution. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

Yes, my daughter, 15, was diagnosed yesterday that she was born without ovaries. We still are trying to cope with the news. So, instead of being able to share any story with you, I would love to get to know more from how and how you managed to get along with the news.

Thanks, Marion

• Posted

Hi Marion, I think it was initially harder on my mom when I was first diagnosed since she really understood the scope of it. I am willing to communicate with you and your daughter about my experience.

• Posted

I too was born without ovaries, I found out when I was about 16. I never thought I would ever have any children. However, I currently have a healthy baby girl. I did ivf with donor eggs and my baby girl is about 2 months now.  The clinic I went to is about half the cost of most clinics and they do payment plans.  I would be happy to share the info with you. They are located on the east cost and very holistic. 
    • Posted

I have a question: did the doctors make you take hormone pills just to make sure that your body will function normally in your life? They told me that I would have to take estrogen pills for my whole life. I need an answer so bad
    • Posted

Hi!

I was put on birth control pills at 16. I'm 35 now and have mixed feelings. I'm told i need the hormones for my body to function properly, but I like not taking them. I want to find alternative/natural methods for hormone support. Currently I'm not taking anything and feel fine. (but the Drs would probably scold me for that)

• Posted

They make estradiol pills these days. You just let them dissolve under your tongue. These are bioidentical hormone pills so its exactly the same as the body normally makes. Its made from plants so its as close to natural as you can be. Herbal stuff in stores are not the same as human hormones.

• Posted

Hi kelly

I found out at 17 that I was born without ovaries. The doctors put me on hormonal pills and other pills to help me with my hormones. i was also told to take birth controls for the rest of my life. i am 32 now and I HATE taking the pills. there are times i stoped taking them for a year and felt fine also.

• Posted

Hello my daughter is 30 and just got asked by her doctor is she had her ovaries removed I thought that's a unusual question, considering she was there asking why she was having trouble conceiving a baby. At this point she is feeling heartbroken and believes she will never have a baby, can you give me the information on the clinic you used im trying to find solutions.

• Posted

hi,

I too struggle to take HRT and have only been taking it because of Dr's scaring me of long term health issues if I don't. I feel better when I don't. Can I ask what you were put on?

• Posted

hi Emma

I was put on birth controls. I wish their was another alternative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.