Is the ectopic pregnancy true or a lie?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My girlfriend took 6 at home pregnancy tests - 4 were positive. she had blood drawn on a Friday. The nurse couldn't give us an exact diagnosis - only her own opinion on whether or not my girlfriend was pregnant. The doctor would call with an exact diagnosis that coming Monday. The nurse said HCG levels seemed to be 3. The next day my girlfriend was bleeding quite a bit and went to urgent care where she was told she was having a miscarriage. They sent her home. This was at a separate hospital than the one we went to to get blood drawn. The original doctor called and confirmed her levels were 3 or 4.

That Wednesday my girlfriend was back in urgent care due to severe abdominal pain and bleeding. They diagnosed it as an ectopic pregnancy and performed a salpingostomy. They didn't want to chance a fallopian tube rupturing. She was able to go home that same day.

i was only with her at the first hospital when her blood was drawn. What are the chances that this actually happened? Or that it was made up?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.