6 weeks pregnant, just fount out I have PE :-( depression! Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I wondered if somebody could help me maybe who's been in the same situation! 

I am 6 weeks pregnant, and recently fount out I have PE. Having to inject myself for the rest of my pregnancy and possibly afterwards too. 

Ever since, I'm dizzy, already suffer with anxiety and so depressed yet I wasn't until I fount out about this PE. I am on clexane injections 60mg 2 a day. I am going to my gp tomorrow to see if there is anything that can be done about the dizzyness & depression! I have an 18 month old who I can't do anything with! I'm feeling so guilty. Please help :-( xx 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with a PE. Having a PE at any time is unlucky but to get that diagnosis when you have a young child to care for AND while you are pregnant must be awful. No wonder you are struggling! Nothing lasts forever though and now you have your diagnosis you can begin to heal and recover. I know its a pain in the butt to have to inject twice daily but it won't be forever. If you need an anticoagulant after the baby is born they may start you on an oral tablet which is far less hassle. The doctor will investigate your dizziness and can arrange some treatment for your depression, beit support group, counselling or medication or all  so there is a practical solution and hopefully you can settle down and look forward to the birth of your baby. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and I hope after your doctors appointment you'll see this. Please don't feel guilty, you have a lot going on and maybe your child is feeling this stress too. Relax and take your time and be nice to yourself. I  hope you feel better very soon. XXX
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you have a PE and all the emotions that seem to go hand in hand with it.

I too got a PE whilst I was pregnant (last trimester) and although mentioning pain to doctors etc. this was not picked up until I was rushed into hospital when my daughter was 3 months old.  I remember crying alot about the whole situation.

As I had already given birth I was only on clexane for a few days until blood was thin enough for warfraine. Was told that if I want to have another child I would be considered "high risk" and would need to take claxane everyday that I am trying, whilst pregnant and for 12 months after birth.  I didn't experience any problems with clexane (except the initial stinging) but again only used for a few days. I also have to take clexane everytime I fly.

No one has explained to me if I was to get pregnant what happens at the time of birth?! Are you taken off clexane for a couple of days and introduced or do they risk you given birth with thin blood?!  Is this the actual reason you are considered "high risk". Perhaps you could let me know.

Hope you start feeling better very soon and although a worry can try to enjoy the pregnancy. X

• Posted

Hi I had clexane for 2 pregnancies. Then had another problem after I'd had baby 5 months later. Plan when labour started was not to have dose of cleaner if labour started. Needs to be 8-12hrs before can have epidural. I was 'high risk' but all was fine. 
    • Posted

Hello all, may I ask, if the PE goes away after pregnancy...or is it an ongoing condition alongside pregnancy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.