6 weeks Prozac and still feeling bad

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi. Just would like some encouragement! The forums suggest that 6 weeks is still early days but everyone around me keeps saying why am I not better as nhs websites say 4-6 weeks. It’s really not helping! I am waking around 4am with panic attacks. My head feels so tight and I have waves of nausea and dizziness. By the afternoon tho I do start to feel a bit more positive , then I go to bed and it starts again. I am trying so hard to just stick with it but everyone around me is losing patience. Can anyone advise please. Thanks so much 

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 8 weeks on fluoxetine I took it for a year once before but stopped when I was better good for a few years then it was triggered again last year -I am struggling no relief as yet I really want some respite soon
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

I’m on week 10, 5 were on Zoloft, then switched to this.  it’s been very hard.  I get terrible anxiety.

• Posted

Had a bad night I am in the UK got to take grad daughter to school shortly it seems such a hard thing to do when like this everything is a challenge I would normally enjoy it
  • Posted

May I ask how you are feeling now caz7761?
  • Posted

has anyone experienced itchy skin after 5-6 weeks and getting bumps on it?

• Posted

Hi Caz

I really feel for you as Im going through the same thing. I've been on Prozac now for 4 weeks tomorrow and feel so dreadful today. I haven't even gone out. I would be happy for you to have my number so we could speak.

My Doctor advises 6 weeks and said to call him at that point.

I truly hope we both feel better by then.

I never wanted to try antidepressants again but I have spent most of this year ill after a lung procedure last November and was desperate to get the anxiety under control.

Take care. Sallyann

• Posted

reaching my 6th week and my first 2-4 weeks were good but now my

mornings are hell!! i see so many others saying this as well. But surely this shall pass its all apart of the medicine adjusting! All over i have read it takes 4-6 weeks to see improvements but im just learning we're still in the early days! btw im on 10mg! i thought maybe i had to up my dose but honestly i think im just going to give it more time! dont worry guys we got this ❤️33 love to everyone! if anyone wants to relate or say anything plz do id live to interact!!

• Posted

Hi Kimmie, you're still very much in early days!! Keep on going through the side effects, in reality it's going to take up to 12 weeks which I know you don't want to hear, but it's going to pass quicker than you think and you'll start to turn the corner into much better times. I'm just breaking through in week 9 to 10, the only side effect remaining is shaky hands which makes me laugh, a small price to pay for the relief of getting rid of the depression and anxiety. No more nausea, headache, fatigue, worry, OCD and intrusive thoughts all gone, dizziness going. I'm feeling pretty good all round. Just one thing, we can get little downers called blips on here, but they do pass off eventually, but they're annoying if you're feeling better then go back down for a while, making you feel the meds have stopped working, but they still are in the background, just your brain getting used to the strong drugs! I started on 10mg then after 6 weeks went up to 20mg, taking 1 x 10 in the morning and 1 x 10 evening. As I felt a bit off during the day I took both in the morning which was a game changer for me, felt better instantly. The doc just put me up to 40mg (first one this morning actually) although I don't think I need to, but hey, maybe I'll feel even better, I'll never know if I don't give it a go, can always reduce if no benefit! Keep on going through the sideys, you'll get there, and it's worth it, you're already a fair ways in, pointless stopping now, and if you do, you'll always think what if I'd kept on going! Best Wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.