6 Weeks & Struggling!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 6 weeks post op and frustrated at lack of progress.  I have not yet been able to reduce pain meds and although having physio & hydrotherapy have very little movement. My physio says progress is ok & everyone is different but I did not expect it to be this slow.  I am desperate to start driving but don't feel able at the moment.  Any advice appreciated!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update! Now 7 weeks post op & have seen the surgeon for review.  He says good result but have part frozen shoulder which needs to be sorted by physio.  See him again in 2 months so upward & onward.  Still not driving as very painful holding the steering wheel and changing gears.

• Posted

I'm 11 week's in in a struggling tremendously as well. Feel afraid that my PT may have had me go to fast as I'm experiencing so much pain in my back shoulder blade. So afraid I the surgery is ruined. Waiting to hear back from my surgeon, should I get another MRI?

• Posted

I haven't had pain in my back shoulder blade but I guess everyone is different.  You are wise to contact your surgeon and I hope you get positive feedback!

• Posted

8 weeks post op tomorrow and the surgeon is suggesting possible MUA.  Does anyone have experience of this? I have to say I am not keen!
  • Posted

Be patient, patient.  Don't reinjure it or you could be out for a LOT longer.  We're talking years.  Do your exercises, listen to your body, listen to your ortho.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.