6 weks post bunion op

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 5 weeks post op and doing ok my worry is great job on my bunion but before op i had crossover toes meaning i had to but toe seperator between my big toe and next. these toes are still over lapping a little ,i had my plaster off 3 days ago after having it on for 5 weeks. should i be worried. thanks Trudy

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your toe still bending. I can only think that as your big toe and the next toe were crossed over that your bunion was quite large and also that you needed plaster on your foot for five weeks. I had my first bunion removed 7 years ago and my big toe was going towards the next toe but not so bad after I'd had the bunion removed, not really enough to worry about. Its 4 weeks since I had the other one removed, had the bandage removed after 2 weeks and my big toe is straight which I am so pleased about. I am walking around now as though nothing had been done. So all I can recommend is to keep using the toe separator and wait until your next appointment with the podiatrist and tell him all your worries. Take care, Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.