6 WKS POST OP

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone

I was 6 weeks post op yesterdy and felt quite good, so decided to attempt to ake the bed, polish bedrrom, clean bathroom and peg washing out. I admit i had a bad back after and the usual swelly belly but today i feel awful. I feel like i ve been kicked in the groin and internally (where my cervix was) is aching really badly. Do you think i ve done too much or is it because i haven't done alot for last 6 wks? I m just lying around today as feel so tired and hurting

Gail x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I suspect it is probably a bit of both. I'm 9 weeks now and still know when I've done too much. Like now just done some weeding and now paying for it.

Had a scan today got to ring GP for results in a week as I'm still very sore around my bellybutton.

Just take it easy for a few days.

Donna x

• Posted

Hi Donna

Thanks for info, after 9 wks you're still sore? It's certainly a long recovery ain't it, I thought after 6 weeks I d be up n running! How wrong I am. Hope you get sorted too with your belly button

Have a good weekend

Gail x

• Posted

Oh dear Gail! rolleyes

You are supposed to build up to these things gradually, not go mad and do everything in one day!  If you have lots of energy walk, walk and walk you can do no damage that way.  So so sorry you feel bad today, it is just your body's way of saying 'be very careful'.  You can still do damage as your insides are still healing, even though you may feel on top of the world.  

Hope you feel much better tomorrow, now don't forget ease yourself back into everyday housework gradually.  He! he! my surgeon calls the 6 - 8 week period 'danger zone 2 weeks' because we all want to go mad with the work and we get too cocky!  He says all of us do more damage in those two weeks than at any other time!  

Take care, love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Oh god jacqui thanks for that. I think you're so right. I need to build myself up slowly. Glad you told me about the danger zone, I ll keep that in mind. I was going to start to drive again today but I just couldn't have worked the pedals with this groin pain, I honestly feel like I ve been kicked to hell and back

Thanks again

Gail x

• Posted

Hi Gail

Sorry to nag, just don't want you to mess up all the good work you have done so far.  Have a lovely pampering relaxing weekend.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi, I'm just over 13 week...just gone back to  work on RTW this week, still not feeling 100%, sore most evenings around my incision area! and swollen tummy still persistent!!! I so remember the frustration at 6 weeks and although I can pretty much do everything now, I still know when I've done too much.......so still take it easy....I'm still aware of the aches and pains eve n at this at this stage x
    • Posted

Hi brody

My word 13 weeks and still not right? I have been told a couple of times that it's 1 year before you feel 100% but i thought they were exaggerating! Looks like it's true I d say. I can't wait to stop having aches n pains. Hopefully we will get there... Eventually x

• Posted

I agree with building up slowly. You need to get your body used to working again little by little.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.