6 wks post op staples removed and dark colored scar tissue

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi fellow ankle messer uppers lol! i had my staples out 6 days ago. there is still a tiny open wound which i put a bandaid over and a dark color along the incision. my sister thinks it is dead tissue. does this fall off on its own?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is it a straight line? If so, it could be ink. I think most surgeons mark the incision in such a way that they can make sure the skin matches up correctly when they do the staples.
    • Posted

yes it is straight line but it looks like itt has texture like a scab almost

• Posted

Hi Donna

I had what looked like dead tissue along the insicion

Line , as well as purple marker pen - the tissue flaked off on its own - I used Bio Oil and my scar looks great at this point - 11 weeks post op.

Cheers

Elle

• Posted

My surgeon was always pulling off my scabs and dead tissue at my appts super gross. Mine is still dark red at 14 weeks post op and believe it or not I still have one scab to go. 3 months in the cast without the air at it. I hope they get less visible in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.