6 year old upper belly abdominal pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 6 year old daughter has been suffering Upper abdominal pains for the past 6 months. It severe in the morning and may ease off during the day. She has done blood, stool and urine test done with nothing found.

Then we when to a private hospital where there carried out more indepth test including ultrascan sound, Endoscopy and biopsy test. Still nothing was found. The abdominal  pain is still there.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My little granddaughter had a similar problem.  Try illuminating glucose and lactose for one month and see if there is a difference.  At first not an easy diet, but if she feels better she will be very careful about what she eats. 
    • Posted

Thanks ruth for your answer. I don't have any clue about dieting. Do you mean giving her "illuminating glucose and lactose" without any other type of food? Thanks
    • Posted

I understand you meant "Eliminating glucose and lactose". Thanks for your help
  • Posted

My daughter started having pain in her stomach when she was about 7 or 8. Almost every night she came into my room telling me her stomach hurt. She was tested for various things and was finally given a test for lactose and other similar similar things. The way they tested her was by giving her a solution to drink and then breathe into a tube I believe. It almost made her vomit but it turned out she was fructose intolerant. We had to start reading labels because almost everything contains fructose. The doctor also prescribed nexium which we used for a shirt while but then discontinued because we believe it started doing more harm than good. We had to have her on a special diet at school, but the good thing is that you can outgrow it. She is 12 now and she can eat fruits again and other foods that contain fructose as long as she doesn't overdue it. All in all she eats mostly normal now. I would definitely ask for a test because it could very well be a food allergy. Wishing you and your little girl the best.

~Chris

• Posted

Lactose is anything made with milk in it.  Glucose is anything made with flour.  Most super markets carry Lactaid milk, ice cream, etc.  Glucose free is also available.  It takes a little experimenting to find the best products.  Check out Gluten free diets on the Internet.  My granddaughter takes her own snacks to school or parties.  I make banana muffins with Cup 4 Cup flour for her.  It's not easy, but it's your daughter 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.