6 Years of taken 30mg of Mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am not sure what Mirtazapine does for me but, I take it because my doctor prescribed it for me. I have terrible sleeping habits. Nothing has improved. My doctor seems not to care but, her recommendation is to continue to take it.

I just want one night of good sleep. I wake up 5-6 times every night. Can someone please help me or give me a good recommendation. I am a 11 Veteran of the United States Navy. Please help!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has your doc prescribed you 30mg Mirt for insomnia?

When I really struggled with sleeping, my doc prescribed it to 1/4(3,75mg) of 15mg .

Mirt has more sedative effect at lower doses.

• Posted

I write as a Mirtazapine user. I am not a doctor. While it is true that a low dose of Mirtazapine is usually effective for sleep, you must not be tempted to cut straight to a low dose. You would suffer acute withdrawal symptoms. Please heed all the advice about reducing the dose extremely slowly, in stages. But your doctor may have prescribed 30 mg. for a different reason (anxiety reduction?) so a proper discussion with the doctor would be highly desirable before making a change. That said, waking during the night can have various causes, for example: needing to empty the bladder (too much fluid late in the day), or having watched a computer screen close to bedtime. You don't say whether you wake up with anxious thoughts, or just wake up.

• Posted

mirt at 7 half mg is good for sleep anything higher is for anxiety depression if u going to get off mirt please do so slowly withdrawels r hell !!!! if your dr cant help with your sleep issue it mught b time cor a change of drs! good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.