6 years post gallbladder removal and problems started

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! I have read many of your stories here and I see a lot of what I have been dealing with. But many people seem to have issues from the beginning, mine only started about a year ago.

My gallbladder was removed 6 years ago and everything has been kind of okay, but not perfect. The vomiting and painful events that would put me on the floor in front of the toilet for hours did go away. And living life with horrible constipation which led to painful hemorrhoids subsided a little bit. But I was still living on Miralax on a daily basis to combat constipation. I eventually stopped the Miralax, but only after the following event.

During covid I had an abscessed tooth, which led to heavy duty antibiotics because every dentist and oral surgeon was shut down. All of the antibiotics destroyed my digestive tract and I ended up with C-diff. It was destructive. That is when all of my problems started.

Since the c-diff, I now deal with what appears to be bile acid diarrhea on a daily basis. I have what appears to be greasy, pale colored stools, and yellow toilet water. I have become a prisoner in my own home, and it is impossible to go to work. I am an outside sales representative, and I have to call on clients to make money. But when I can't leave home, I can't make money! I have to take immodium in order to just go to work for a couple of days. Every 4th day is called D day when I take immodium. I am good for 3 days, then my digestive system purges itself and the day is spent recovering.

I have been told that I have IBS, not sure that I do. I have dealt with reflux for 25 years, which can appear to be IBS related. I have extensive food diaries to try to track down the problem. I have a bit of OCD, so they are very detailed. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I do not eat greasy food. I can't eat out at restaurants or fast food, so I never do. My diet is VERY boring! Despite that, the problem will not go away.

The surgeon that removed my gallbladder is a close friend of mine. He feels horrible that this has happened to me, but he had kind of brushed me off onto other doctors only because I think he has no idea how to help me.

I would give anything to go back to the time before I had it removed and just keep my gallbladder. I would gladly give up a painful 24 hours of vomiting and recovery for what I live with daily now. I am at my wits end. I don't know what else to do. I am going to be submitting a stool sample to check for bacteria or parasites. Other than that, I just have to keep looking through forums and try to figure out how to live like this.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. I wish you all well!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.