60 and still suffering

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi I am nearly 60 and still suffering with hot flushes ,low mood just wondering if any ladies my age are still suffering I really have had enough 

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Carol I'm sorry that you have had such long-standing suffering what have you done during this time and what are you doing to help yourself?

In all honesty it's very discouraging to hear that at 60 the same thing is going on and I'm sure I would echo others people sentiments.

I know that women go years and years with hot flashes that doesn't totally end but if you were dealing with low mood for that many years that is not humane I certainly hope that I can get over the hump and at least figure it out let me know thinking on ya

Xoxo

• Posted

Hi thanks so much for your reply I’ve never tried HRT as my older sister had breast cancer and this always made me worry about trying HRT I’ve always tried to keep fairly fit and am not overweight I’ve tried sunflower oil and primrose oil but they didn’t seem to do anything . It would be so nice to wake up and feel good I know I’m nearly 60 and I suppose I’m not going to be jumping around like a 21 year old I’ve made an appointment with my doctor to see what he suggests as it’s really getting me down lately thanks again for your reply it’s very much appreciated xxx
  • Posted

Hi Carol - May I ask you when you started suffering? Was it in Peri? post Menopause? When did you actually start menopause? At what age? Reasons why I am asking is that I am 61 & am still suffering, but really the last two years have been the the worst & I went into menopause @ 55 yrs of age - I just think you can stop menstrating, but it’s really when your hormones take the plunge - & if I hear one more person, friend, dr or anybody tell me “you are too old to be suffering from menopause” I may just go postal and slap them silly! 😍 you are not alone - 

• Posted

I’d love to punch somebody right now ! Nobody except for the ladies on here gets it ?

We are completely debilitated . This has to be recognized as a syndrome ! This is way too serious not to be. 

Ok and I’m getting ready for bed again at 7pm ! Sick of trying to ‘stay awake’ . 

• Posted

Hah! I am laughing Lori because I wanted to strangle my 17 year old demented cat (poor baby) last week because his meows were driving me nuts! It’s not bothering me this week, thank goodness!!!! Oy Vey!
    • Posted

My 18yr cat is driving me nuts with his meowing as well.   He still walks around and eats some but gosh It has to be time for him.  
    • Posted

Hi Kelly - Glad you can commiserate - never knew that Cats got dementia like people do...Oy Vey, this aging stuff sucks! 
  • Posted

That’s terrible Carol I’m only 52 and suffering too. I thought at least things get better with age ... have you tried BHRT ? The patch made me weird but the creams biodentical seem better . 
  • Posted

I'm constantly dealing with hot soaking flushes but it comes from eating chocolate and drinking coffee or tea. The day I stop drinking any of those 3, my hot flashes subside, and my low mood goes away. I had stopped for 3 years and life was wonderful but since I started working I took up the old bad habits of drinking those 3 again. I love coffee mocha. I've started to cut back on tea and coffee to 3 times a week or less in hopes it will reduce some of the flushes. The perils of menopause.

• Posted

Hi Carole I'm  62 and yes still suffering the hot flushes and feel down it seems never ending I remember my first hot flush when I had just turned 50 

• Posted

Hi Carol, sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. Unfortunately, this seems to be a very, very long journey and there is no definitive time for getting off the train! Doctors, in their wisdom, will only offer anti depressants, beta blockers, sleeping pills and hrt.

But you will get better......We have to believe this so we can endure it all. Appreciate the days when you feel normal, and remind yourself that tomorrow may be a good day. Take care x

• Posted

Hi Carol....

59 here, 60 in February if I don't throw myself into traffic by then.

Kidding....sort of. Looking back I can say my peri began at 45. Had changes that I didnt realize were a part of it all. Started missing periods, hot flashes. But I've still not gone an entire 12 months without some type of a flow happening. I've gone as long as 10 months and started again. Doc says my bloodwork says menopause one time, 3 months later ..no. She also says i am probably done with the worst of the symptoms and there is light at the end if the tunnel. Whatever. Do not want to do HRT orBHRT, so ,I live with my fibroids, hot flushes, all 66 symptoms on the list and pray it all ends soon. I feel you, hon...you are hardly alone. Be encouraged that it will probably just end...you'll realize you've felt pretty good for a couple weeks...and smile.

• Posted

Hi Katy - you are a ray of sunshine & should be applauded for your positive attitude  - Bless You!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.