61 days on Fluoxetine....is it working or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

61 days, week 9 on Fluoxetine. Is it working or not? I'm really not sure....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Have you had any benefits that have helped you so far?

I personally found floxetine has not work for me after 9 weeks, i just had horrible side effects to begin with then was left with low moods and blunting (just not feeling any emotions) I am currently tapering off and going to try and use counselling and natural methods, I personally feel for me medication was prescribed too early, i wasn't even offered counselling as a long waiting time. The doctor said that it can take up to a few months to work and I suppose if you are not having any horrible side effects it may be worth carrying on a bit longer.

Good luck I hope you see some changes soon as a lot of people on this site have.

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for your comment.

What kind of natural methods are you using? Are they effective?

i really don't know if FLU is working or not. it seems a pretty slow activated med....so it's likely to have side effects after 9 weeks as it happened on you. i don't feel any major benefit yet even if a pharmacist said "full effects in 6-8 weeks" i often feel something is wrong in my head....

Fortunately, i don't have many side effects from FLU except tremors on my hands. i cannot hold a cup of soup.

i had more side effects from Lexapro, Cymbalta and Zoloft before i started FLU.

• Posted

hi,

hope your ok, i am 19 and this was my first anti depressant. i have now tapered down to 10mg and the brain fog is better and seem to be fuctioning generally better but i never had any improvement.

i am having regular CBT counselling, also seeing a cranial osteopath, excercising every day, started daily meditating as helps when anxious. A good routine sleep wise and listening to music, trying new hobbies, talking to friends and family when feeling low. i am considering accupuncture too. Hope this helps you toox

• Posted

HI

THANK YOU for lots of good information.

HOPE you're getting better

• Posted

hi yes,

still doing well, i realise its a long road but im hopeful. hope your doing well too.

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.