62 days clean from opiates. Here is what i did:

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there.

A little background about my addiction:

I am a 28 year old female and started my opiate addiction at age 23.

I’ve smoked weed for 10 years but didn’t start using opiates until five years ago. I first started using roxy’s and used it recreationally (snorted). Since pills are so damn expensive, i found a connect that could get dope. I was snorting a little bit a day at first then ended up using about half a gram a day for two years. Finally, i realized that i needed to get help on October 10th. 

When i got to the detox facility, i was already starting to feel the withdrawal coming on. The first 20 hours were complete and total hell. It was the worst thing I’ve ever experienced and i never want to go through that again. The worst for me was the restless legs, anxiety, muscle spasms. I felt like i was going crazy. Finally at hour 22, they gave me suboxone. I was able to sleep for a couple hours. They had me on other medications to help with stomach cramps, restless legs, etc. 

The first day, i was allowed 12mg of suboxone. However, i wanted to make sure that when i left the facility, i would be addicted to nothing. So instead of taking the 4mg, three times a day, i took 4mg, twice a day. I made sure to wait 10-12hours before taking my next dose. I didn’t feel that bad. I took the 8mg a day for two days then lowered it to 4mg a day and 2mg a day. Twenty four hours before i left the facility, i didn’t take a single sub.

When i got home, i did go through withdrawal from the sub but it was nothing compared to when i was coming off the dope. I know that to some people, this is a very fast taper and that everyone is different. I am just explaining what worked for me.

After getting through the physical part, which took two to three weeks, the lethargy, depression, and lack of motivation KILLED ME. It was unbearable. I couldn’t do anything. It lasted for over a month but i made myself get up, do house work, whatever i could do. Even if it was for only an hour. The more you sit at home, the longer it is going to take for you to get better. I immediately started taking a woman’s multi-vitamin, potassium, and magnesium. WORK OUT!!! Even if it is just a 20 minute slow ass walk. Do something to get your body and mind moving. 

I can’t tell you how many times i cried in the shower thinking i would never feel 100%. I am here to tell you...IT DOES GET BETTER!!!! See a psychiatrist and be completely honest with them. Tell them what you are going through. They will help. I am 62 days clean from weed and opiates and i feel better than i did when i was using. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing I’d like to mention is that the cravings can get pretty bad from what i have heard. I haven’t had a single craving so far though but maybe I’m just different. I am here if anyone needs to talk. Waking up in the morning and not having to rely on a substance feels better than you could ever expect. 

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! Do NOT give up. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

FANTASTIC!! well done you should be so proud of what you have achieved, I hope your story helps others going through the HELL of withdrawal and gives them that little bit of hope to help them to the finish line 😊

• Posted

Well done for getting clean and staying that way!!! 

I hope your story gives hope to others going through the same.

I myself am 8 days clean from fentanyl was on 125mg 48rs patch for years and I decided with my pain team that enough was enough it stopped working for chronic pain and I couldn’t go any higher so I had to detox it. 

The withdrawal was hell the same as you but as you said it’s doable and you can succeed and beat these opioids.

I am in full withdrawal now and it’s not pleasant but will not give up.

I have to detox Oxy next and then I will be totally free if opioids.

That won’t be till Feb time as docs don’t want me withdrawing from two at the same time besides the oxy is all I have to cope with the pain now.

Fentanyl was my primary pain killer so the pain is now back with a vengeance and in all honesty I’m struggling eith that part of it.

I am using diazipan and declifenac injections as well as gabapentin, meloxicam and god knows how many others to get through it.

I have to take close to 40 tablets a day plus my oxy and injections and That’s a normal day.

If I try to do something like playing with my son I have to use allot more as the pain is too intense.

Anyway well done for getting through it and I hope you continue and stay clean. Life will be so much better in the future I believe that for myself and anyone else who has/is detoxing it has to be better than being a nasty zombie 24/7

Good luck fir the future

Andy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.