Skip to content

Opiates And Opioids

Also known as BuTrans patches (Buprenorphine for pain), Codeine, Diamorphine, Meptid (Meptazinol), Morphine, Oxycodone, Pethidine, Tapentadol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Taper off oxycodone with morphine sulfate. Please help quickly!

HI everyone! I have been on 10 15mg oxycodone per day for quite some time now. I just ran out and I want to taper off with 60 morphine sulfate pills I still have left over (30mg). Is that possible? Would that be enough pills and how would the taper work? It is all I have so I have to make that work....

Last reply
  • Wife is in Detox. How to help when she gets home.

My wife is currently in a detox center to help her with her withdrawals and get off the pills. She has been on Oxy for close to 3-4 years and at the end was taking about 8-9 30mg pills per day. I am super proud of her at taking the step to get clean. I know it was tough for her. She wanted to get off...

Last reply
  • To all friends on here!

To everyone I now class as my friends on here. Those who have helped me in my struggle with addiction which I've now over come & to those who, my words have hopefully helped in the past. When I came off all that Oxycontin, I swore that my mission in life was to help those who suffered as I...

Last reply
  • Breastfeeding and Oxy

Hi Forum- Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but will give it a shot. Husband here. My wife has been breastfeeding out almost 19month old since she has been born. It has gotten down to only nighttime and nap time feedings. My question for the group. My wife has been on 30mg Oxy since...

Last reply
  • Safe period of time for oxy?

Hi everyone, I'm currently taking 10mg of oxycodone hcl. I take it every night to stop my nerve pain in my foot I've had since a motorcycle crash a few weeks ago. My concern is i don't want to have the oxy totally destroy my system. I know it's only one pill every 24 hours. But it still...

Last reply
  • Tramadol withdrawal, I cannot deal with the insomnia

It’s 23:11 and soon to be day 5 of Tramadol withdrawals, I’d be taking it about 16 months 8x50mg daily, I was prescribed it for bulged discs and sciatica. But I grew tired of the panicked feeling of “ did I remember to pack my tablets” and the constant guilt of looking at my two kids knowing what I had...

Last reply
  • Opioid constipation

Hey everyone, Back when I was in the hospital, I was given narcotics like crazy (specifically hydrocodone). I ended up not eating for 10 days and not drinking very much (not that those things correlate to the drug). Basically after me doing this, I became so constipated they gave me a enema and It was...

Last reply
  • I want to come off BuTrans 20mg patch

Hi, I have been prescribed Bu Trans 20  Patches for the past 6 years. I suffer from Lupus, severe osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis and I am in constant chronic pain. I find that the patch only works for approximately 4 days and I am in withdrawals for the remaining three days, i.e. sweating, stomach...

Posted
  • Cold turkey from codeine and morphine

Hi I’ve decided to quit codeine and morphine. I started to take it following an operation that went wrong, but after not being in pain I was still taking it as I liked the feeling it gave me and blocked out my depression it’s now a year down the line and I was still taking it, I decided 5 days ago it...

Last reply
  • Sevier stomach pain and diarrhea

I'm 6 days in without any opioids and I can't keep anything in me. I've been taking roxys approximately 8 a day. My food and water comes out as fast as i eat and drink. Does anyone please have relief. I work physically and I'm so weak because I'm not getting any nutrition and my stomach...

Last reply
  • Codeine withdrawel

I have been on and off of codeine for yrs now but this time around the symptoms have worsened. Its been a week now and its my mental state thats the problem. I just feel so useless lonely and tearful. Im just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

Last reply
  • TAPERING off Co-Codamol

Hi I really need some advice. I've been to the A&E department this morning because I have got that anxious about taking this co-codamol for the last 8 months and the horrific withdrawal symptoms I've had since stopping it. Anyway the consultant decided the best way for me to do this is to...

Last reply
  • Help with addiction

Hi all, I find myself sitting writing this and feeling like a fool. As I know what I am doing is wrong but it’s getting worse. I had a severe motorbike crash in 2014, a drunk driver pulled out in front of me at 60mph and I ended up wrapped around a lamp post, it was a good 20 mins before a passer by...

Last reply
  • Suboxone withdrawals and how to cope

I've been coming off suboxone at home now for 11 days and the symptoms are barely getting better I feel like my body is constantly burning in my skin I can't sleep because of the jerking feeling I have in my joints I really need sleep my doctor hasn't been much help he just told me to take...

Last reply
  • Butrans 10mg

Would anybody be able to help me with this question please? I have been using butrans patches for approx 6 weeks, I started off on the 5mg patch for the first 4 days then went to the 10mg patch for the next 7. The first couple of weeks on the 10mg was fine, but recently they have started to itch in...

Last reply
  • Loss of taste and or smell

Hi I had been on prescription opioids for 20 years. Because of finding it almost impossible to get a doctor for prescriptions and difficulty finding pharmacies to fill a prescription whine wintering in Fl. I decided to quit. Fitting my quitting process I had all the likely withdrawal symptoms however...

Last reply
  • Vitamin B12 deficiency

Hi everyone. I read some time ago that heroin addicts were prone to having a B12 deficiency due to all the heroin use over many years. I was addicted to a stupid amount of Oxycontin (1500mgs) per day over around 9years but managed to quit & haven't had any Oxycontin now since August 2016....

Last reply
  • Oxycontin taper making me feel 100% better!

I've posted on here a few times about the struggles I have had with opiates. A quick re cap is that I have been heavily dependant on opiates for over 10 years. I suffer from a chronic pain disease and have surgical procedures every 6 weeks under general anaesthetic.  This resulting in me taking...

Last reply
  • Already feeling the heat from the Opioid police

I have a very good working team relationship with my pmp doc. But last month my doc told me he's been warned that the state is really coming down on especially pain management docs about fentanyl. Now what ticks me off is I've never had an off UA wrong med count. Etc. Yet these people who...

Last reply
  • Heavily addicted to heroin and ready to detox

I’ve been addicted to oxycodone and heroin for 2 years and my tolerance has gone through the roof.  I’ve spent so much money and I’m sure once I get sober I’m gonna really start having a pity party for myself.  I tried detoxing before but I took my Suboxone too soon and the misery I went through...

Last reply
  • Lofexidene detox,

I have been addicted to codeine, originally Nurofen plus up to two boxes per day but after totally destroying my stomach with the ibuprofen I switched to codeine phosphate 30mg up to 20-25 per day. To cut a long story short I have seeked help from my local drugs and alcohol team to get off them....

Last reply
  • Opiate withdrawal day 4 80 mg oxy habit

Hi all. I am currently on day 4 of opiate withdrawal which is the 3rd time in the last 3 yrs I’ve found myself down this horrible road. It has stemmed from a back injury and I had got up to 80 mg a day ( sometimes more) and decided enough is enough as most mornings I was waking up sick until I had my...

Last reply
  • looking for support

never thought I would ever be here...I'm sure we all feel this way...I could really use some kind words as I'm going thru my break up with percocet...I was given them from doctor for chronic pain but as the years went by I needed more to help with pain...I thought..just tired of worrying ...running...

Last reply
  • want to wean off suboxone

OK here goes.. hope I get some responses. ...took percocet from Dr for a few years for chronic pain..10 5mg daily.. they stopped working and I was sick and tired of being sick..I didn't want to take more and more ...as the story goes...anyways I was given suboxone from Dr. ..started at 2mg but...

Last reply
  • Codeine phosphate 30mg

Hi I've been addicted to codeine for 12 years I normally only take about 150 mg twice a day but today I over done it a bit I've taken about 690mg not all at once but over the course of 13 hours I feel fine normal like I would if I'd taken the smaller dose I normally take two paracetamol with...

Posted
  • How to give up opieates with very little withdrawal syndrome

Hi all, firstly please don't attempt this on your own please involve your GP this method seems to work for all opieates, (for the search engines heroin, oxycontin, morphine, dyhidrocodine or codeine) I've been dependent on dyhidrocodine and oxycontin off and on (but mostly on for 10 years....

Posted
  • You can win against opioids

This is a long read but if you're struggling with opiate withdrawal my story might help. I was first prescribed codeine after dental surgery, nothing much came of it but I knew I liked the feeling. The second time was after I broke my thumb. Coincidentally I was also going through some upheaval in...

Last reply
  • Need to reduce my 360mg per day of OxyContin help

my consultant has told me that after 25yrs of using prescribed opioids they will not be working for me and are in fact making my pain worse, my comment "you put me on them" so he would like me to reduce them by about half, I don't seem to have any dependent signs but I bet they're there...

Last reply
  • Co-codamol

Hi guys, Have had to co-codamol for 5wks with a broken ankle (plate, screws and pins) Went cold turkey after a particular bad night with nightmares! Been off it now for nearly 2wks! Still got a bad stomach and I'm really anxious and have become scared of going to sleep! Please tell me it will pass!...

Last reply
  • 3rd week today free from codeine

This is a hard post for me to write, so please bare with me. I am now a recovering codeine addict. I have had problems with addiction to the drug for about 9 years. At first it was used to treat pain but because of my circumstances at the time, it spiralled out of control over the course of a year. After...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.