Skip to content
Ad

Opiates And Opioids

Also known as BuTrans patches (Buprenorphine for pain), Codeine, Diamorphine, Meptid (Meptazinol), Morphine, Oxycodone, Pethidine, Tapentadol

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Hematoma diagnosis?

My dad is currently in he hospital due to severe pain in his left leg. The doctors stated that it’s due to a hematoma in his left calve. They were giving him Percocet and Dilaudid to ease the pain but that hasn’t helped at all. They’ve just changed his medication to Oxycodone 15mg but the pain worsened...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Codeine addiction...and how to kick it.

Hello, My name is Jayd and i am 24 years old. I have been a codeine addict for the best part of 3 years now. I am now in my 3rd month of being codeine free and i cannot begin to explain how amazing i feel. You read forums and horror stories about how horrible it is and difficult to come off codeine...

Last reply
  • Lofexidene detox,

I have been addicted to codeine, originally Nurofen plus up to two boxes per day but after totally destroying my stomach with the ibuprofen I switched to codeine phosphate 30mg up to 20-25 per day. To cut a long story short I have seeked help from my local drugs and alcohol team to get off them....

Last reply
  • You can win against opioids

This is a long read but if you're struggling with opiate withdrawal my story might help. I was first prescribed codeine after dental surgery, nothing much came of it but I knew I liked the feeling. The second time was after I broke my thumb. Coincidentally I was also going through some upheaval in...

Last reply
  • Withdrawals & Sex Drive Question

HiYa's. Serious Q. Anyone.or everyone experiencing an insatiable horniness? I'm almost 2wks into Codeine Rapid Tapering ( 30to40 x 10mg daily) currently down to 100mg Daily Yaay me And i cannot get rid of this sexual feeling & acting on it. My poor partner who is 15yrs younger thought...

Last reply
  • Tramadol and emotions

Have any of you out there who have used Tramadol experienced the feeling of wanting to cry even though your not sad, I started to experience this after taking it for the first time to night and it scares me a bit since I have a history of depression and anxiety and now this medication may be causing...

Last reply
  • Need to reduce my 360mg per day of OxyContin help

my consultant has told me that after 25yrs of using prescribed opioids they will not be working for me and are in fact making my pain worse, my comment "you put me on them" so he would like me to reduce them by about half, I don't seem to have any dependent signs but I bet they're there...

Last reply
  • 7 year codeine addiction

7 year addiction, up to 400mg a day. Tried going cold turkey 4/5 times but cannot cope with the withdrawal.  Please tell me it gets better.

Last reply
  • Hematoma diagnosis?

My dad is currently in he hospital due to severe pain in his left leg. The doctors stated that it’s due to a hematoma in his left calve. They were giving him Percocet and Dilaudid to ease the pain but that hasn’t helped at all. They’ve just changed his medication to Oxycodone 15mg but the pain worsened...

Posted
  • Even Low Doses are Addictive

I’ve been taking Ibuprofen + Codeine (12.8mg) for about six years on a consistent basis. I take the drug in low doses - customarily two in the morning after breakfast and sometimes two after dinner. At most, when I’m suffering from a periodic sore back, I’ll take six a day, but that’s it. What’s interesting...

Last reply
  • I STOPPED OPIOIDS THANKS TO THC AND WINNING A LITTLE CASH

I've been on Opioids for 25 or more years Thanks to THC and winning some money on pick 4 I had the cash to buy THC the way i had   to take it  and it worked i been off for 4 mouths Im broke now but i sold some opiods to supplement more THC I have 150 more tabs left I've had thesis pills...

Last reply
  • Addicted to codeine from last four years with daily intake of 400mg

I am taking 400mg or more codeine in form of cough syrup with carispodol (for higher kick) from last 3-4 years, Whenever i try to quit it the symptons are too painful, bodypain, continues cough, headache, sleep disorder and a lot more. Sypmtons are so high that i cant survive without it even for 2 days....

Last reply
  • which is best

I have for the last year been on codeine for pain relief for  TKR jan 2017 and 2nd TKR nov 2017 I want to stop taking them  Do you stop altogether or do you wean yourself off them say instead of two every 4 hours take one My stomach lining is in a bad place I have all told been proscribed ...

Last reply
  • Unexpected codeine withdrawals - please need some advice

Hi all I have been using codeine for the last 2 years which started out innocently enough being prescribed by my GP for an injury. However slowly but surely I became more and more dependent on the drug and without really even realising it I am now taking huge doses each day, mainly before bed and sometimes...

Last reply
  • Thank you all so very VERY MUCH!!!!

Im Sooooo very sorry for the following very long post but, i am known to waffle on some what! 😎 I would just like to thank everyone on here past & present for being there for me & taking the time to reply to my mumbling & moaning & waffling on through all hours of the day, (And...

Last reply
  • Codeine Withdrawal - Cold Turkey

Hi all,  just want to share my story. Pretty sure with the new rules in Aus with Codeine there will be a lot of people in the same position  I had a Nurofen + addiction taking at least a pack of 32 a day, sometimes 2 packs for the past 8 years. It was crazy. Of course it started innocently...

Last reply
  • Want to decrease dosage

I agreed for my dosage to increase 5mg even signed documents but when I went to get medicated the next day I noticed that they increased it by another 5mg. I was told the doc has the right to increase my dosage without my permission or even consulting my. I look this week and now there's another...

Last reply
  • Rona C

Hi I am new to this site I have been on 5 MLg norspan patch for 12 months my dr suggested I go up to 10 MLg this week My. Pain is a lot better but I feel awful and have been on the stronger dose 3 days  I suffer with chronic back pain and have a double curve in my back and arthritis in my spine...

Last reply
  • Addicted to Codeine / Dihydrocodeine

Hi all, This post is really just so I can make a statement about my addiction and I hope that this will help me in beating it. I'm also a recovering alcoholic, and have been doing well with my recovery, I only drank on 5 occasions last year and have been sober all through 2017, so on that side...

Last reply
  • 62 days clean from opiates. Here is what i did:

Hello there. A little background about my addiction: I am a 28 year old female and started my opiate addiction at age 23. I’ve smoked weed for 10 years but didn’t start using opiates until five years ago. I first started using roxy’s and used it recreationally (snorted). Since pills are so damn expensive,...

Last reply
  • Kratom

Hi Has anyone got and experience with kratom .. I've read about it and it's a bit vague with legalmside of things but what I want to find out is has anyone bought anyone used it and been succesful with reducing there opioid intake.. I'm reading that it's a wonder drug it's a natural...

Last reply
  • My TAPER from Nurophen Plus

Hi, I have been following so many stories on this group and finally decided 3 weeks ago that enough was enough and it was time to stop abusing Codeine. I have been taking up to 32 tablets of Nurophen plus daily for about 6 years.  I always knew I was causing myself harm but ignored the warning...

Last reply
  • 10 year addicting to Opiates

I have a chronic pain condition that my Doctor prescribes me Oxycontin for. I started about 10 years ago with Tramadol, I stopped that suddenly when I became pregnant with my son. It was torture but as I was pregnant I had to just stop! When I had him they reputed my bowels and I ended up with a colostomy...

Last reply
  • Update Day 5 CT from Codeine

Update: Well I'm on Day 5 of CT withdrawal from 30mg Codeine tablets that ive been taking for 7 years and I feel great. The flu symptoms have gone, the RLS has stopped ive managed to stop the upset stomach with Imodium and my energy levels are going up and up! I had a better nights sleep last night...

Last reply
  • Need help with codeine addiction

Hello! I'm Billie, 23 years old and have been very addicted to codeine 30mg for over a year now! I've been thinking for a while now to go cold turkey, but the thought scares me so much! But I'm ready. I'm ready to come off them but I need some help and advice. I take up to 15 a day, sometimes...

Last reply
  • Codeine withdrawal 36 hours in what to expect next?

I’ve decided to quit cold turkey after years of taking codiene enough is enough I feel like I’m not really participating in the world no more, I’m there but not if you know what I mean. I’m watching my wonderful children grow through a haze. It’s a vicious cycle I take the codiene because I feel I need...

Last reply
  • Butrans tramadol co-codamol

I was on tramadol and co-codamol for years. After complications got put on butrans patches instead of tramadol. After6 months the patches started to burn my skin so dr took me totally off patches. With increasin co-codamol to 8 a day and diazepam at night time. Now week 2 of withdrawal from butrans....

Last reply
  • Codeine Withdrawal Tips Please on restless legs

Hello I am 33 and have been prescribed codeine for 7 years by my GP for a bile acid and Pancreas condition. I started out with just 8 30mg tablets a day but recent months following a very stressful period ive been up to 15 a day which have resulted in horrible nightmares before bed following day awful...

Last reply
  • Seriously addicted to codeine - please help

I need help, this is the first time I've ever written this out. I am addicted to codeine. My secret, the one I've kept for nearly ten years. I've had a repeat prescription of co-codamol 224 which I get every 3 weeks and then I buy the otc codeine if and when I run out. On Wednesday I went...

Last reply
  • Addiction to opioids

Well it's 6am and I'm in a bad place. My life's turned upside down over the last several years due to taking opiods. It started in 2009 when I slipped in the shower which resulted in a pro lapsed disc L2. Was given tramadol which didn't do anything. Pain was so bad I went to A&E...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.