Skip to content
Ad

Opiates And Opioids

Also known as BuTrans patches (Buprenorphine for pain), Codeine, Diamorphine, Meptid (Meptazinol), Morphine, Oxycodone, Pethidine, Tapentadol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • 7 year codeine addiction

7 year addiction, up to 400mg a day. Tried going cold turkey 4/5 times but cannot cope with the withdrawal.  Please tell me it gets better.

Last reply
  • 10 year addicting to Opiates

I have a chronic pain condition that my Doctor prescribes me Oxycontin for. I started about 10 years ago with Tramadol, I stopped that suddenly when I became pregnant with my son. It was torture but as I was pregnant I had to just stop! When I had him they reputed my bowels and I ended up with a colostomy...

Last reply
  • Update Day 5 CT from Codeine

Update: Well I'm on Day 5 of CT withdrawal from 30mg Codeine tablets that ive been taking for 7 years and I feel great. The flu symptoms have gone, the RLS has stopped ive managed to stop the upset stomach with Imodium and my energy levels are going up and up! I had a better nights sleep last night...

Last reply
  • Need help with codeine addiction

Hello! I'm Billie, 23 years old and have been very addicted to codeine 30mg for over a year now! I've been thinking for a while now to go cold turkey, but the thought scares me so much! But I'm ready. I'm ready to come off them but I need some help and advice. I take up to 15 a day, sometimes...

Last reply
  • Codeine withdrawal 36 hours in what to expect next?

I’ve decided to quit cold turkey after years of taking codiene enough is enough I feel like I’m not really participating in the world no more, I’m there but not if you know what I mean. I’m watching my wonderful children grow through a haze. It’s a vicious cycle I take the codiene because I feel I need...

Last reply
  • Butrans tramadol co-codamol

I was on tramadol and co-codamol for years. After complications got put on butrans patches instead of tramadol. After6 months the patches started to burn my skin so dr took me totally off patches. With increasin co-codamol to 8 a day and diazepam at night time. Now week 2 of withdrawal from butrans....

Last reply
  • Codeine Withdrawal Tips Please on restless legs

Hello I am 33 and have been prescribed codeine for 7 years by my GP for a bile acid and Pancreas condition. I started out with just 8 30mg tablets a day but recent months following a very stressful period ive been up to 15 a day which have resulted in horrible nightmares before bed following day awful...

Last reply
  • Seriously addicted to codeine - please help

I need help, this is the first time I've ever written this out. I am addicted to codeine. My secret, the one I've kept for nearly ten years. I've had a repeat prescription of co-codamol 224 which I get every 3 weeks and then I buy the otc codeine if and when I run out. On Wednesday I went...

Last reply
  • Addiction to opioids

Well it's 6am and I'm in a bad place. My life's turned upside down over the last several years due to taking opiods. It started in 2009 when I slipped in the shower which resulted in a pro lapsed disc L2. Was given tramadol which didn't do anything. Pain was so bad I went to A&E...

Last reply
  • Day 5 of a forced Oxycodone

Okay, so I’m on day 5 of a forced Oxycodone ending. I’ve been on Oxy for about 2 years due to different tears on my lower back. In these 2 years, I’ve seen that I’m not able to follow a prescription, taking a months worth (4 pills a day 80mg) in about 10 days. Sometimes taking 13-15 pills a day (260mg)....

Last reply
  • Tramadol and lyrica withdrawl

Help! I have my two young children and i feel like im dying today. Took last tramadol yesterday at 9:30am. Now 28 hours later. Im so nauseas right now and badly aching all over. I had bad cold and hot flashes plus diarrhea. I took 5 immodium to carb this and has helped some. Im out of both my lyrica...

Last reply
  • non opioids and other drugs that helps with severe pain

Are opioids the only pain medication that help with severe pain after surgeries? I found out that since I don't have a gallbladder anymore I can get very severe abdominal pain with this drug class and because I have hip arthritis at 41 I'm really frighten that I'll be in a lot of pain if...

Last reply
  • Codeine addiction...and how to kick it.

Hello, My name is Jayd and i am 24 years old. I have been a codeine addict for the best part of 3 years now. I am now in my 3rd month of being codeine free and i cannot begin to explain how amazing i feel. You read forums and horror stories about how horrible it is and difficult to come off codeine...

Last reply
  • Stopping Codeine / Dihydrocodeine and crushing depression

Hi all, I've posted on here before but have still been struggling with opiates, in the past I'd started using oxycodone but got clean of that as I was about to start on Heroin and managed to pull myself back from the brink. My main issue over the last 20 years has been alcoholism, but over the...

Last reply
  • Heroin addict, doing a rapid suboxone taper

I have been a heroin addict for 5 years, it was a half gram a day, sometimes more, I recently decided I don't want to live like that anymore, so I decided to try suboxone to first break the junkie routine I had established, and immediately began tapering. For example, I took 8 mgs day 1, 4 mgs days...

Last reply
  • Codeine Withdrawal

It's now 72 hours since I last used codeine. I was on 32 Paramol or Solpadeine Max a day, extracting the codeine like a pro. Night one was good. I knocked myself out with zolpidem and Nytol. Night 2 wasn't so good, and last night was sheer hell. I took anything and everything I could find to...

Last reply
  • F.A.O MODERATORS ON THIS SITE!!!

Can someone who makes the rules up for this site, Please, PLEASE Tell me exactly why most of my replies to posts in order to help people are being moderated, & then get deleted??? I never swear, I never slag anyone or any business off, all I do I state 100% facts & the 100% truth & all I...

Last reply
  • Butrans 10mg

Would anybody be able to help me with this question please? I have been using butrans patches for approx 6 weeks, I started off on the 5mg patch for the first 4 days then went to the 10mg patch for the next 7. The first couple of weeks on the 10mg was fine, but recently they have started to itch in...

Last reply
  • I need help.asap

My brother died i was on kapake for years because of a shoulder injury i went of them then bk on as i felt they helped my grieving so i then stopped then after a minor op was prescribed again and now i abuse because i feel it helps my low mood can someone help me get of these

Last reply
  • Day 1 of morphine cold turkey

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but have been reading, and writing on, this thread for so long, that I know that you guys rock and can provide some support. Some of you know my story, but it has gotten worse.  About 13 years ago I had a bad fall (while dancing nonetheless) and ended up...

Last reply
  • Oxycodone - advice please

Hi - I've been on 10 mg oxycodone sustained release tablet twice daily now for 10 weeks following surgery to repair a broken hip . . . I'm non weight bearing but was also due to have knee replacement surgery on the opposite knee the week after I broke my hip - the knee surgery obviously was cancelled....

Last reply
  • Recent cold turkey in hospital

I had to go into hospital for a week then transfered to my local hospital for 4 days. I had severe N+ and codeine addiction for 8 years. The first hospital (after collapsing at home) made me go cold turkey. I cannot remember the first 72 hours due to withdrawals. After a week when I was transferred to...

Last reply
  • Oxycodone for Chronic Back pain and now knee pain

I have CHronic Back pain (Degenerative Disc Disease) which can not be corrected by surgery.  I go to a Pain Management Doctor and get a prescription of Oxycodone 10mg 4 times a day.  I have also had Gastric bypass which I know sometimes I don't get all the meds I take.  I have had...

Last reply
  • Took some codiene after 3 weeks off

I was doing so well but in the last 5 days i was feeling so low and depressed. I was doing 30 dhc daily and just stopped and have taken some time off work. I already take citalopram and amitriptyline for depression and headaches/sleep. I had 6 yesterday as had had enough of feeling low. My gp doesnt...

Last reply
  • Getting off Suboxone

I got off Suboxone 6 months ago.  The pain management dr gave it to  me since I had bad reactions to opioids.  Well...that started the spiral downfall.  The meds ruined my stomach and bowels.  Then the anxiety took over.  I'm 68 and already had 2 strokes.  My blood...

Last reply
  • Mst and gabapentin

Coming off both mst and gabapentin I came off both these drugs two days ago 90mm of mst and 900mm of gabapentin how long does the withdrawal take I broke two vertebrae several years ago was on 8 co codomol for 6 years but they stopped working when I went on mst they worked for the pain at first but...

Last reply
  • Kratom

Hi Has anyone got and experience with kratom .. I've read about it and it's a bit vague with legalmside of things but what I want to find out is has anyone bought anyone used it and been succesful with reducing there opioid intake.. I'm reading that it's a wonder drug it's a natural...

Last reply
  • DAY 1 - codeine withdrawal

HABIT - up to 300mg of codeine a day - sometimes codeine phosphate or n+ / cocodamol. Apart from a bit of a belly ache and my legs feeling achy I am feeling alright. I did buy a packet of co codamol today and promised myself to just take 2 if and when I need to. Not the point I know but fro, the amount...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.