Skip to content

Opiates And Opioids

New discussion Join group Also known as BuTrans patches (Buprenorphine for pain), Codeine, Diamorphine, Meptid (Meptazinol), Morphine, Oxycodone, Pethidine, Tapentadol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Vonnie1234 1
  • jan51714 2
  • Jazzy79166 2

Heroin addict and suboxone addiction

My boyfriend has been a heroin addict for over 10 years. He joined cdt (drug team) 2 years ago and got on a suboxone script,which was great as he cud function like a real person now and go to work. Within 6 months of treatment, they forced him to cut down even though he kept Telling them he wasnt ready...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david5568 1

Lower Back Pain

Hello I want to ask a few questions and gauge the response for when I see my neurosurgeon in a few weeks. I had lamindectomy and discectomy on L1-L4 the end of September 2016. I had injured myself in January and finally went to a neurosurgeon when the pain medication wasn't doing anything. After surgery...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • JaydJames91 2

Codeine addiction...and how to kick it.

Hello, My name is Jayd and i am 24 years old. I have been a codeine addict for the best part of 3 years now. I am now in my 3rd month of being codeine free and i cannot begin to explain how amazing i feel. You read forums and horror stories about how horrible it is and difficult to come off codeine...

65 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • susan32309 3

Oxycodone - advice please

Hi - I've been on 10 mg oxycodone sustained release tablet twice daily now for 10 weeks following surgery to repair a broken hip . . . I'm non weight bearing but was also due to have knee replacement surgery on the opposite knee the week after I broke my hip - the knee surgery obviously was cancelled....

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Patio123 1

Weight questiony

Hi.  I have used opioids for 5 years now and have tapered off and stopped for the last time.  They just don't do anything for me anymore.  In the beginning I went from a size 12 to almost a 4.  This past year I have been taking them less often and smaller amounts than I did before.  I am now in a 14...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tez22 3
  • UnicornFairy24 2

The eve of the start of being codeine free

I am a 30 year old female with a good job in I.T, a beautiful home and the world at my feet YET I have struggled with codeine addiction for the last 7 years. I got off the tablets previously then relapsed a year ago. I do not like the person I have become (moody, tearful, angry, lethargic) and after...

37 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • littleluna 1

Taking 200mg Oxycontin and trying to cut down

I have a chronis condition with my bladder called interstitial Cystitis. I have surgery on my bladder every 4-6 weeks, I have poly cystic ovaries and awaiting surgery for a pretty big cyst, and finally I had reptured bowels during a C section and ended up in intensive care for a fortnight and out of...

• Carolineq8 5

Rhomboid and trapezius muscle back spasm

Hi guys sorry but I'm back again, had the worst weekend, woke up sumday morning and my rhomboid and trapezius muscles had gone into spasm omg it was excruciating, took 15 mg diazapam and 100 mg Celebrex, this was after a few days of upper back burning pain which I suffer almost constantly but this was...

• natasha79413 2

Help with reducing oxycodone dosage

My husband was told at a pain management appointment that the level of oxycodone that he was taking was high and that he was a long term health risk.  How can he cut down when he has severe back pain?

42 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Tuppence3008 2
  • ian68673 2

Day 4 of Opiate withdrawal

Hi I have been battling a codeine addiction for about 5 years now and have posted about it somewhere in this forum. I recently was on a taper plan with my GP and doing OK apart from some nasty symptoms (RLS, Insomnia, Aniexty). Earlier this week something occured which meant I was forced to go cold...

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • AMK88 2

Unexpected codeine withdrawals - please need some advice

Hi all I have been using codeine for the last 2 years which started out innocently enough being prescribed by my GP for an injury. However slowly but surely I became more and more dependent on the drug and without really even realising it I am now taking huge doses each day, mainly before bed and sometimes...

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • eunice42724 2

BuTrans Patches - side effects - thinking of stopping taking them

I've been on BuTrans patches for 12 months for pain relief for my hip.  I should have had a hip replacement on 30 July 2014 but had 4th heart attack on 16 July 2014 so obviously the operation was cancelled. (I fractured my hip 28 years ago in a horse riding accident and have managed without a replacement...

71 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Just-lou 2

Possible in-patient stay at an addiction ward. What to expect?

WARNING!! VERY LONG STORY AHEAD. BEFODE YOU READ IT, GO MAKE YOURSELF A CUPPA AND THEN PLEASE PLEASE HELP IN ANY WAY YOU CAN! Hi folks. I came across this forum earlier and after reading through, I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm 37yrs old and my affair with morphine sulphate began around 2009 after...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • juliescottie 2

reduce OxyContin

I have been taking OxyContin for many years current dose 360 per day slow release, I was taking 860mg of MST slow before this the pain clinic would like me to reduce at his down I have tried in the past bust not succeeding, the pain clinic want to put me on  sufentanil but that's used for full blow Anastasia...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kellyh88 1

Side effects from naproxen or codeine?

I have achilles tendonitis and have been on naproxen for a week, I needed some pain killers due to the pain and the doctor prescribed me codeine, I took it yesterday for the first time and I couldn't sleep at all due to a constant stomach pain, with sharp stabbing pains and feeling slightly sick. Is...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ian68673 2

Need help/Advice regarding withdrawing from Codeine

Hi All Ok so 3 and half years ago I was in a car accident and suffered from a bulging disc and whiplash, the Doctors put me straight onto Codeine Phosphate 30mg x 2 four times a day. I had them on repeat prescription and was never questioned when I ordered them. So basically I am addicted to them even...

67 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Dom05879 2

Addicted to Codeine / Dihydrocodeine

Hi all, This post is really just so I can make a statement about my addiction and I hope that this will help me in beating it. I'm also a recovering alcoholic, and have been doing well with my recovery, I only drank on 5 occasions last year and have been sober all through 2017, so on that side of things...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Karm1 2

Butrans on/ off two years for back pain

hi all.  Just need some advice... have 3 herniated discs in my lower back, I've had epidurals and nerve blocks and due 10 facet joint injections in April. Inbetween all of this I've been on Butrans.  Started on 5mcg and for a long time I was in love with these things!  Had my life back. After a year...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ken50138 2

Help with imminent withdrawal from pain medication

Hello I have been on 20 mg of oxycodone for over 18 months for siatica before I was switched to oxycodone I was taking 10 mg of oxymophone for about a year both 4 times a day, I am planning on moving across the country soon and know getting back on the regimen again will take time and I will be in...

• rob53972 2

Getting back to normal.

Hi Does anyone have any ideas of how or if you can get back to yourself. After taking tremadol for a number of years. I've been on it for 6 years. 6 tablets a day. Or does it damage us to no return. Many thanks rob

• Bro50 2

Weaning off codeine

This is my first time talking about it. For 2 years I've been taking codeine in the form of nurofen plus, solpadene max and cocodamol 30/500 when the doc prescribes it. I'm a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for 5 and a half years. After I stopped drinking I wouldn't touch anything drug-related...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • suz67512 2

Admitted All to GP - Beginning Taper - Dihydrocodeine

Seeking fellow members who have finally had enough of Opioids and whom are willing to support one another during the long road ahead... Almost 6yrs I have been dependent for. Started with sciatica and a few other problems, ending with a rather nasty dependencey. I am deeply ashamed and feel somewhat...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • brianthesnail 3

Methadone Reduction ..4ml To Nothing

Hi guys  Heres my story ... ive been on 30ml (avg) of methadone ( bought on the street ) for approx 8 years ..... however after a recent ilness i decided to become clean ..... ive reduced myself from 30ml to 4ml ..and allthough this was tough at times ( anger issues,paranoid ) ive managed to get to 4ml...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nancy94758 3
  • Raja1972 1

Tapentadol

Hi I would like to hear from anybody taking slow release tapentadol for facet joint lower back pain I also take 30/500 cocodamol six per day and diazepam at night. I know it's chronic but how do other people cope long term than you

• charlotte030192 1

Co-codamol addiction, pregnant, cold turkey

I have been taking Co-codamol 30/500mg for over a year for back pain relief. I found out I was pregnant around 3 months ago and the doctor was still prescribing me co-codamol with no questions asked. I was taking 8 tablets a day beforehand so when I found out I was pregnant I was only taking 3 tablets...

• absjbs 3

Dependency escalating

Hi all I suffer from bad anxiety and have been waiting to start a new job for the last month. Ive been so anxious waiting to start that ive been taking nurofen plus because of how relaxed they make me feel. Prior to this i used to take a few cocodamol every now and then if i felt stressed, but for the...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jane2017 1

Can't afford

Can anyone help with a good substitute for Buttans patch. I've been using the patch for 2 years and it's perfect, but I just can't afford it anymore.

• skfbfkd96005 1

Stopping cocodamol

I have been on cocodamol 30/500s for 2 years thar the doctors prescribed for me as I hurt my back and have had xrays mri physio and they cant see any damage. My job involves me on my feet 9 hours a day and i really do feel in constant pain. But i need off these drugs. I take 6 to 8 a day and i feel guilty...

• xnicolaxo 1

Co Codamol addiction

Hello,  I don't think I will get very far with feedback on this subject, but I read so many of the stories on here and it helps me so much that i thought writing down how I feel may help my recovery? I was addicted to codeine phosphate 30mgs for about a year, it started off as a desperate attempt to...

• karen_1 1

Butrans 10mg

Would anybody be able to help me with this question please? I have been using butrans patches for approx 6 weeks, I started off on the 5mg patch for the first 4 days then went to the 10mg patch for the next 7. The first couple of weeks on the 10mg was fine, but recently they have started to itch in...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.