Difference In Strength/Effectiveness RE Oxynorm 1ml V 5ml

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay this may be a silly question but is there a major strength or effectiveness difference between the 5 mg/5ml bottle which it says each 5ml contains oxycodone hydrochloride 5mg versus the 1ml/1mg which bottle says each 1ml contains 0.9mg as oxycodene hydrochloride which would equal 4.5 (Slightly less but not considerably so?)

In my mind, the numbers equal out(close enough) and should mean 5ml of either is pretty much the same, right?

I ask because anything with numbers can confuse me, and my mum who the medications for, seems to be experiencing more pain since being prescribed the 1mg/1ml bottle when compared to the 5 mg/5ml bottle, and the agony she's in is making me wonder if its a strength/dosage difference that I'm not understanding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.