Safe period of time for oxy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently taking 10mg of oxycodone hcl. I take it every night to stop my nerve pain in my foot I've had since a motorcycle crash a few weeks ago. My concern is i don't want to have the oxy totally destroy my system. I know it's only one pill every 24 hours. But it still concerns me. Am I safe taking one at the same time every night until I can sort out my foot pain?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dinik,

Firstly I am very sorry to hear of your accident, I too had a motorbike crash in 2012 and have been left with severe pain ever since and I am lucky to be alive.

10mg is quiet a low dose and if it’s helping with the pain then personally I would keep going with it, when you want or feel you no longer need them speak with your GP and they can reduce the dose to 5 mg then 2.5 if you are feeling the need for them.

I hope this helps but any think you want to ask or know just let me know.

Best regards and a speedy recovery.

Buggsy

• Posted

Thanks so much! My doctor cut my pill in half so I'll take 5mg and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

Hi.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

You're doing the right thing by reducing before it increase when your body gets used too it & you need more and more.

This stuff very nearly killed me & totally destroyed my life.

Good luck & take care.

Ritchie

• Posted

1 pill every 24 hours is not a bad thing, its extremely common to take one pill a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.