Finally! 8 Weeks Opiate free....

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI All

Ok so ive been posting on here for a while now about my addiction to Codeine and the withdrawals I was going through.

Its now 8 weeks since I last took any Codeine! I did this with no help from my GP (washed their hands with me) and also I was referred to New Directions who by the time they contacted me and said they wanted to see me I had already been through 4 weeks of WD's. The first 4 weeks were hell on earth. Insomnia, RLSs, Dhiarrea, Delirium, Body aches, Nausea, suicidal thoughts. In the first 3 weeks I didnt sleep for about 10 days straight. (yes thats true),

I am a bit angered that no-one wanted to help me but thats in the past now and all New Directions would have done is put me on Subutex (Buprenorphine). So in a way I am glad I did not see their Doctor.

Even though I am now clean I still have some PAWS. Mainly depression and anxiety and goosebumps and yawning.

I am starting to sleep again and my cravings have more or less gone.

My wife went to the docs with me the other day and they tried to put me on Zoloft (AD) But I dont want to get dependant on any other substance so I turned it down, lets just wait and see.

So after years of being addicted and also several attempts of WD'ing I feel I have finally turned a corner in my life.

I just get bored very easy now and have a dull ache which I cant explain.

Cheers

Trent

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Trent & Congrats!!! Good for you, taking control of your life!! Keep up the great fight & don't look back(unless it's to remind yourself how far you've come & how BAD addiction feels) no guilt, regret....only a NEW LIFE AHEAD!! It is TOTALLY your decision to take anti-depressants or not, I understand your concerns, side effects & another pill, you can always change your mind. Some of what you are experiencing is still related to addiction. There is the physical part you know well but, even though you stopped taking it, your body is still adjusting to life without it & the psychological component(mostly what makes addiction a lifelong struggle) can be trying to urge you into using again, through feelings of agitation, anxiety & etc....you just keep saying NO!!! If you can work on a REGULAR schedule: eating properly, exercise, drink enough water, sleep, kind of a routine, it should continue to make you feel better & get into a healthy lifestyle. You should reward yourself & your wife, spend time together, get a hobby, keep busy(very important)....if you didn't know before, you NOW know, you can do ANYTHING, if you put your mind to it!! (keep in mind though, if you need help ASK, some people have let you down but, there are those who do care) Best Wishes, Take Care & Stay Strong💕☮

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.