Want to ween off tylenol 3 what are the risks?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on this medication since I've had my both wrists operated on 3 or more years ago. I'm down to one #3 300/15/30mg a night. What are the side effects on quitting cold turkey or how to ween off safely?

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi. the risks from withdrawing from this drug depends on how many you were taking and for how long, how suddenly have you dropped to one a night. if you never exceeded the prescribed amount and have gradually cut down you should not have a problem. However it is always wise to check with your prescriber when coming off any drug as they will be aware of what other drugs you are on, any other relevant medical conditions you may be being treated for, all of these factors can effect your reaction to coming off any drug. the fact you have been on it for 3 years will also be a factor in how best to come off, i shouldnt worry to much i am sure you will be fine cutting it down and then quitting all the best......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.