63 year old dad is sick.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over the past week my dad has been sick with different symptoms. He's been coughing non-stop amd coughing up phlegm, has a burning sensation in his right shoulder shoulder along with a pins and needles feeling his his forearm, can't sleep, has little to no energy, and his face has been turning grey. I have no idea what it could be and I was hoping someone on here could help. 

I have no idea what group to put this under either. 

He's gone to the doctor and they did a CT Scan but the results haven't come back yet. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi gof22

I suggest you get your father to see a doctor as soon as you can. He obviously needs medical treatment as he may have a chest infection.... take him to A & E ...or phone your doctor's number and the automated voice will give you an emergency number to call for advice as all surgeries are closed if your in the UK for bank holiday....in the meantime make sure he is hydrated with plenty of fluids......best wishes...keep in touch and let us know how your father is.....

• Posted

you are damn right lilian, he probably needs to act fast
  • Posted

It could be his heart that is causing these symptoms. Could be referred pain. Common symptoms of heart disease are coughing, breathless, pains in shoulder, and fatigue,

Ask the dr for an ecg.

Good luck.

• Posted

My advise is to get a doctor out to see your father or take him to A&E, I feel this is too much for you to deal with, you will feel much better and your father as soon as there is professional help, well done for reaching out
  • Posted

I would definitely act fast, it sounds serious. Could be blood clots, heart problems, or pneumonia. Ask for a cat scan with IV contrast. I hope everything will be okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.