6cm by 3cm ovarian cyst pain is excruciating

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have a cyst on my remaining ovary measuring 6cm by 3cm and its causing excruciating pain in my back and down my leg, im addicted to my heat pack but my doctor refuses to write me up for stronger painkillers due to a recent overdose anyone any advice?

thank in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cannot advice for the pain as I normally control pain with heat packs like youself,

but I would recommend you bug your doctor to investigate it more.

I had a 7cm cyst that though it did not cause pain, it made me very tired and achy and turned out to be cancerous.

Please ask him to investigate more and ask if it is possible to remove it by surgery. See what they say

• Posted

Louise,

You're supposed to live like this for how long?  I don't get GPs, apparently they think women are all hysterical.  I agree with catrina dawn.  I assume you have had an Ultrasound since you know the size of your cyst.  Obviously the OD was accidental but should give the GP and idea that the pain is UNBEARABLE.  (Hope youre taking laxative)

Push for a gynecologist referral.  You must see someone who deals with this as opposed to just right a script and send you home to suffer.  If it's causing that much pain it needs to come out. 

I feel for you and hope you will be heard soon.  Be a pest if you have to and don't let yourself be ignored.  If he doesn't listen find a new GP.

xx

• Posted

I second the recommendation for a referral. My Gyno Oncologist Surgeron offered to perscribe me pain killers pre-surgery while I waited but I declined because I really wasn't in pain.

• Posted

Honey you need a gyno not a gp..I have two cysts on my left each 2.5 cm and don't even know how big the one on the right is and I'm in such pain and attached to my heating pad. It's crazy how we women are expected to just deal with this. Good luck.

• Posted

Hey Louise

I've got the exact same problem - 3.5cm cyst on my left ovary with pain in my groin and down my leg. My gynae seems to think the pain isn't related as my cyst is small and says surgery won't fix it but I've insisted to have it out. I take a mix of Naproxen & Tramadol, that seems to help (only a little though), along with the heat pads. Nothing seems to work! See a gynae and have it out?

• Posted

Have they considered the cyst has twisted your ovary? Have read many women didn't know they had a cyst until they had sudden debilitating pain.

Adnexal torsion - severe lower abdominal pain, also may cause nausea, vomiting.

Doesn't matter the size of the cyst. This is extremely painful. Unfortunately the ovary normally must be removed but a worthy sacrifice to relieve your pain.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.