6cm cyst found on ivert

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I'm a little anoyed and obviously worried . In November 2017 I had a pet scan for my pacemaker and they found a incedentle cystic lesion in the adrnexal . I was told by letter a appointment would be arranged . I contacted my doctor and his words were do not worry it's tiny . So I waited till March 21st 2018 when I hadca internal scan and lady who did it said it was a simple cyst and it was 6cm and I would be refered to gynacolagist and I would have a blood test. She told me to call my doctor next day as he could tell me more as would have my results. So I called and I was yet again told not to worry no answers to my question where it was how big it had grown since November only will be send a referral and wait for a call. Iv been feeling sick , had very bad back pain go toilet all time and I don't eat much as feel full quickly and have been lose weight. Also my periods all over place and very heavy and last over 8 days at a time Any help with your experience would be great full . 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are having very similiar symptoms of a cyst just based on what I have read here on the site and what I have experienced. What are you Dr's telling you, are they going to remove it?

• Posted

Hi Joanna, sorry to hear that you’re in pain. Maybe perhaps you can call different gynaecologists to make your own appointment since sometimes family doctors are reluctant to help. Or you can go to a walk in clinic and they might be able to refer you. 
    • Posted

I'm going to call monday morning and find out what my doctor has done ( if he has made referral) 

• Posted

I am going through the same thing my cyst was classified as a paratubal cyst because it is not on an ovary but in the adnexal and the last sono showed it may have shrunk but it has remained at less than 2 cm and is fluid. I was told that cysts not on the ovary are not caused by hormones and that birth control dont get rid of them or prevent them and it may never go away. I have another scan next month and im hoping it hasnt grown and is maybe gone if it was shrinking back in december

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.