6yrs post op total hysterectomy bleeding during sex

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi this is my first post I've searched google high and low for answers and I'm confused. The reason for my post is that I've not had sexual intercourse since 2013 right before my total hysterectomy and I finally decided to start back 3 weeks ago. So the first time I had some pain and a little bleeding not alot my thoughts that's to be expected because it's been awhile..So 2 weeks after that I tried again this time it was alot more bleeding and pain during sex so I was cramping for 2 days afterwards but the bleeding stopped the next day. My question is what would make me bleed like that I want to enjoy sex but I fear that this would happen each time I attempt to have sex I have no cervix nor uterus so why the bleeding I'm so confused. By the way I'm 42 years old.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi

do you use a personal lubricant? we need this after hysterectomy as we lack the estrogen fir our own lubricant.

ud never not use any know. I'm age 51 and 5 yrs post menopause. x

• Posted

Hi, I never used it but I've been told that I'll have to start. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

• Posted

hi hun

firstly I'd say as it's been a while yiur tissues havent had any stretch for so long. also are yju using any lubrication, if not ud definitely recommend yiu use a natural lube from yes.

having said all that please see yiu doctor incase its some else. yiu may be suffering from a bad case of atrophy after menopause or hysterectomy as ths body doesnt make estrogen like it used to to feed our tissues and help with comfortable sex.

please see your gp asap. healing to you x

• Posted

I really do appreciate the advice and I will most definitely try the lube.🙂

• Posted

you will be surprised the difference it makes. I use vagifem also to feed my vag lo, but use yes outer vag to be comfortable and for intimacy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.