7.5 for nearly two weeks now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on day 10 of taking 7.5 Mirtazapine. Well actually I took them for a week. Gave up, before I started again a week later. I'm feeling alot happier in myself and sleeping better. My doctor did tell me to go to 15mg after a week but I feel 7.5 is doing good for now. My only issue is I want to eat EVERYTHING. I've never been bigger than a size 10 but I feel I'm gaining weight and my belly looks pregnant!! Will these cravings Stop??

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've been on Mirt for a year and gained 32 pounds. I am currently, very slowly weaning off as it's not helping as much as it used to but I have completely changed my diet around and have lost three pounds in two weeks.

• Posted

Alicia,

Probably not.

• Posted

Alicia,

I was on 15 mg/4 months. Gained 40 lbs. Im off mirt 24 weeks have lost 10 lbs with alot of work and diet.

• Posted

Wow well done Gretel! I’ve put on 2 stone - now trying to kick them into touch 
  • Posted

No the cravings don’t stop so be careful I’ve heard of people putting on stones in weight with mirtazapine 
  • Posted

This is playing on my mind and now I'm feeling low and confused about being on them due to this reason. I've also heard alot of bad things about them and wondering if getting off them now is the best answer. Will it mess me up just stopping them being this early in do you know?

• Posted

Hi Alicia - having taken them for 12 months I’d say that if you are really struggling to sleep at night then they are great - amazing vivid dreams but I found the experience wearing after a while and they made me drowsy all day and lethargic most of the time - I’m not sure I’d go on them ever again 
  • Posted

It’s a difficult question as everyone is different but my experience is that I wish I’d never gone on mirtazapine as the withdrawals are hard and it’s a very long process to come off them 

I reduced mine last night by 1.5mg which I do every month I am now on liquid mirtazapine as it’s easier when you get down to 7.5mg as breaking the pills equally is difficult 

I’m now on 4mg for the next month and the withdrawals will start within the week for me and it takes the whole month to stabilise 

• Posted

Hi Caroline - u know after reading exstensively on various forums about the effects when on them and those withdrawing - stating that you had to taper my doctor two days ago said - just go cold turkey ! That u can drop from 30mg or 15mg to nothing - that all you do is prolong the “s**t state” her words!! 

She reduced me from 30mg to 15mg - beennin the lower dosage 2 days and I must admit I already feel better! 

Everyone is different we are constantly told - although no comfort it must be true I guess 

Some go gold turkey - no withdrawal symptoms at all - others taper over a few months - and some withdraw tapering over a couple of years - it truly is a mine field - I can only think that we all just have to keep experimenting to find the balance that works - I just know personally I’d rather be off them all together whatever the method and that’s my goal 

• Posted

I took them for 12 months - put on 2stone! Not great for depression - just st reducing from 30mg to 15mg and going to make a real effort to get off them !
  • Posted

I took them for 12 months - put on 2stone! Not great for depression - just st reducing from 30mg to 15mg and going to make a real effort to get off them !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.