7.5 mg mitazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Are they any positive story's on people that have been on 7.5 mitazapine for a long time and it has helped, plus 5mg of escitalopram with it, I am on week 7 of mitazapine , now got very sore throat, day 10 of escitalopram, I take mitazapine for sleep and escitalopram for anxiety, as I woke up with a big panic attack, shakeing and treamberling, still got slight treamberling inside , not sure if I need something stronger

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Susan, I have been taking 30mg mirtazapine and 10mg escitalopram for about a year now and have had no major problems. Twice had a series of panic attacks but having had them before I just ride it out. I guess you'll have to let time pass and follow up with your Doctor if you don't see any change. We all react differently to the meds.

Be well.

• Posted

To reply to your other post re the effectiveness of mirtazapine for anxiety. I have found it useful for sleep only and that is why I also take the escitalopram (Lexapro) to help with my GAD.
  • Posted

Sorry but mirtazapine can give you those side effects I’m coming off them which is very difficult and a long process of tapering 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.