7.5mg is more sedating than 30mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey all. I was on 30mg for one year due to anxiety. Last month I started tapering off because I hate how the med makes me feel. I'm currently down to 7.5mg each night and will be doing this for two-three weeks. For me, I've observed that 7.5mg is A LOT more sedative than 30mg! In the past when I took 30mg, it never really used to knock me out. Nothing too dramatic. But WOW - 7.5mg is very sedative! Within no more than 25 minutes of takung it, I fall onto the pillow, tired, and with a total lack of balance/coordination!

Why is this? I thought a smaller dose wouldn't have made me feel tired. What's your experience been like with this? Or, has 30mg been very sedating for you?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tried to come off from 15mg on it about a year. Had awful side effects but put up with them as it does seem to help my morning anixty.

I went very very slow 2mg every month or so. Took me over3 months to get to 7.5mg my word it was hard. Anxious wreck. Every 4 days wd kicked in from just a tiny 2mg reduction. It was so weird and hard to explain. One doc told me to keep coming off the other to go back to 15 when I was at my halfway point. As I had constant adrenaline rushes and awful anxity. I must say it has helped ease my morning anxity I just feel numb and emotionaless.

Guess it's the sedation in it doing it'd JOb. I still get blibs but I've tried to become stringer stronger and not give in to my negative thoughts that I've been stuck in. I try not to react to my anxious thoughts and allow them to pass. I'm slowly learning but it's a battle. I have some adrenaline rushes and some brain zaps and muscle spasms most days I think the 15 is settling and I just hope to keep on it until I have the strength to try qnd stop.

I've ended up with health anxity through all of this I hope in ttime if goes away. Everyday I thought I was dying it's such a horrible feeling. I feel it's been from all this ordeal tHo. I've changed my look at life since all of this and I'm a little calmer and trying to not worry over silly things out my control anymore. I Defo feel keeping busy helps me masivslly and doing a little bit exercise or plodding around the garden. I try to not let my mind keep over thinking I read a good moto the other Week.

Keep the body active, but mind still.

This helps me a little to think slow down when my anxouis thinking starts.

I have also been trying to eat a little better and no refined foods as well as drinkkng more water.

I'm far from being my normal self but I just learnt to take each day a guess and if I feel ok make the most of things. while am on these tabelts it's all I can do. I'm thankful for things and there is folk worth off and we all have to keep plodding on the best we can. I will never ever take anything like these things again. I never like taking a pain killer never mind these thjngs.

Craigs funny quote makes me laugh " it's like taking a pill for a head ache, and making a migraine instead in our situation. "

Sooo true. Anyway, I hope u guys find a balance and also manage to get off. You can do it with will power and strength. Try and keep your mind occupied while coming off. Go as slow as u need its not rush or race. Slower should have less wd effects apparently too, I'm going to go 2 mg every month again when I'm ready.

Take care folks and keep strong

• Posted

Hi Sapphire ..wow that seems a bizarre reaction to taking what is a 1/4 dose of the usual dose of 30mg.

Hmmm ...question: How long have you been on the smaller dose? 

Also, did you do from the usual dose of 30mg to 15mg for 'X' days before going to 7.5mg for 'Y' days?

I am thinking, maybe the experience you are reporting is A. coincidence or B. a witdrawal symptom or C. someone is spiking your horlicks (smile). Forgive the latter, just me trying to make light (sorry).

One thing is for sure, if you read the posts on here you'll see that there some people reporting 'odd' reactions when reducing or coming off the drug Mirtazapine.

Wishing you well...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.