7 days after flare up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 7 days from been diagnosed with this diverticulitis Can I start the Metamucil now I don't know how many days to wait? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Are you having any stomach pain?
    • Posted

I'm not sure if antibotic they can also cause nauseate and perimenopause no one on hear ever gets it during that time?

• Posted

I would start with maybe a couple teaspoons in liquid one a day for a few days and then up it to twice a day and do not forget the probiotic and softerner. What did your doc say?
    • Posted

I would start with maybe a couple teaspoons in liquid one a day for a few days Are you talking about Metamucil? and then up it to twice a day and do not forget the probiotic and softerner What and why softerner?. What did your doc say? concerning what?  it's weekend so have talked to her this weekend when I seen her though she say take antibotics and probotics or eat yogurt with it in it.

?I was told nothing about softerner do we take it with the Metamucil?

• Posted

Doctor wants me on the atibotics for 14 days and on March 22nd very very early morning I have to go to hosiptal and be put to sleep for colonscopy  said I'll be there a full 4 hrs my doc says when he goes up with camera if he sees pylop he removes them then plus he will take several biospies he does it on a routling bases.

• Posted

Colonscopy isnt a big deal just the prep. Ask him how many inches is affected by diverticulitis. Mine is only 4 inches and cant imagine anyone having more.. it is brutal when I have a flare.
    • Posted

If you get constipated at all take stool softener. I know some people who take it daily. The fiber tablets and capsules do not help me so I mix Metamucil with apple juice. Hate having to do it daily but I pay if I do not do that along with probiotics.
    • Posted

I stay constipated a lot! I'm scare to start that stool softener now because the antibiotic I'm currently on says it can cause dirreah even serverity dirreah during treatment do afraid to take any thing . I just drink pulp free orange juice hope it's okay .

• Posted

Thats probably key with most of us.. staying constipated. Some might be different. I am doing both right now and no dirrareah but we are all different. Does anyone know how to spell dirrareah?? Ha. I spell it differently each time and most people mispell it.
    • Posted

lol you got me beat!!! When I really have trouble spelling it I just right runs not

Diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea diarrhea laugh out loud did I say diarrhea 🤔🤢

• Posted

Again psyllium husk will stop mild diarrhea and make you feel much better. Get on it ASAP
    • Posted

I did start it yesterday  :-)  Had it yesterday and today that orange cirtus in it gives me heartburn anyways tomorrow I'll try taking it twice a day been taking it once a day since I'm still on an antibotic. I still have like 6 days of Bactrim left but will still up it to twice a day..What is some schedule taking it that you all stick too?

• Posted

Sam you shouldn't need stool softener if you take Metamucil daily. The product does act like a laxative and should push all waste out your colon without any issues.

• Posted

Yes take it once in morning and once art night. Make sure you drink plenty of water.

Drink down swiftly because it will set up like jelllow if you wait more than one minute.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.