7 days on tibolone

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 52 yr old , and have been suffering all the symptoms that come with menopause, also have fibromyalga , just wanting to know when can I expect relief from my crippling menopausal symptoms 😕

Headaches, nausea,weakness, muscle aches, hot flashes ect...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hoping for a better life.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I fully appreciate how debilitating effects of these menopause symptoms .

i am not sure when you started taking tibolone( Livial) but in my situation I found that after 6 weeks I had notable improvement of symptoms. It is now about 8 weeks and I am mostly symptom free ! Except for the odd flush on occasion ,but only a fleeting flash  I am sleeping much better, etc etc!

i would suggest hang in there if possible. Wishing you all the best! Will be interested to hear your progress.

jenny 

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I start Tibolone today after a few years on femoston . Im changing to Tibolone in the hope it will improve my libido and mood/energy. Have you noticed an improvement in these areas?

Be grateful for your imput

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Jenny, Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear you have had success with tibolone !!!

I am waiting semi-patiently for full effects to kick in, so far I have had less frequent hot flashs,but still suffering nausea, feels like morning sickness all day....

Still feeling tired,weak ect, but hanging in waiting for improvement....

Michelle

• Posted

Hi Jane, 

i am a great fan of Livial ( tibolone) ! Yes I defintely have improved libido and all round energy as I am sleeping so much better.

hang in there as it takes about 6-  8 weeks to get the full effect.

i trust it works for you as it is so liberating to feel normal again.

goodluck. Look forward to hearing an update form you Jane.

Cheers

Jenny 

• Posted

Thanks Jenny. First day of transition and I feel quite low but I think it is because I was at the end of progesterone phase and progesterone doesnt agree with me so no relief by going onto oestrogen only part which I loved.. keeping my fingers crossed will keep posting.

Many thanks for the reassurance!

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Are you able to distiguish the fibro and meno symptoms apart? Obviously hot flush and night sweats would be menopause. Just a thought maybe you are having a flare up of fibro symptoms? Hang in there please let me know if you feel the Tibolone is helping.

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.