7 days taking orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning all can anyone give me advice on what foods to eat while taking this tablets please.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Morning Lisa, 

I've just started today, but know others will pop up 

With some advice. I got an eating plan for ideas off the 

Xenical website as a guide. 

How you getting on? 

• Posted

Hi Colette,   

Bit confused atm as I'm reading not to eat too many carbs and then I read a post saying eat loads of rice, pasta and potatoes ! Could you possibly send me the link to the good menu you found please...... Thanks x

• Posted

http://www.nnuh.nhs.uk/docs%5Cleaflets%5C208.pdf

I have found this quite useful Lisa. I am 10 days into the tablets and lost 2lb but have modified my diet this week to take this inot account

• Posted

For info, we have contacted the Norfolk NHS Trust and will be adapting the leaflet linked above for incusion in patient.info. I will add a post to the Orlistat forums when this has been released but it will most likely be August as they are checking that the information is updated as required.

Regards,

Alan

Emis Moderator

• Posted

Thank you, I am sure others aswell as myself will find this information very useful.

Regards

Andrea

• Posted

keep to low faf foods eg fruit, veg atc then you will be ok
    • Posted

Will the tablets still work tho if you stick to low fat and fruit and veg 
  • Posted

they work on the priniple if you eat low fat you will be ok ,i was a swine for crisps, sweets etc but i know that when i,m on these i cant have any. I found the cravings horrible & still do but i know its for my own good. This is the second time i have been on them i lost 4 st last time & i,m on them now as i need hip & knee repacements
    • Posted

I can't get my head round how they work if you don't eat any fat! 

I had a knee replacement on feb 2012, at 52 years old, the best thing I ever did, apart from I have put 3 stone on 

• Posted

if you are used to eating junk food etc it makes me not want to eat all the stuff i was eating before , i had a slice of carrot cake the other day & boy did i know about it 
  • Posted

If you search xenical or orlistat on this site my posts will come up of what i eat/what not to eat

good luck

• Posted

Hi Lisa

that's odd! if you go to my profile it should show my activity and from there you can click on the posts or google this website with my username as i don't think you can post links not sure! x

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

If you click on Britney's name this will take you to her profile page and in the bottom left you can view/link to all her posts. Direct link is https://patient.info/forums/profiles/britneyspears-35768/replies.

Britney - you can post links to any page within the forums or patient.info and it will not go for moderation. So if there is a particular discussion you wish to highlight just add a link to it in your post. Only links to other sites will need moderating.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.