7 lots of anitbiotics and STILL infected!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started a few weeks before I conceived my son. I went to the doctor for something (cant remember) and I had to do a pee test and came back positive for high white blood cell. He gives me antibiotics and I take them. I should also add now I have a high pain tolerance. So When I go to the doctors its for a good reason. Fast forward to 4 months pregnant I dont feel good and am in pain(lower ab). I go back to the doctor and again high white blood cell count. More antibiotics. Both doctors from the same clinic thinking that its a urinary track infection nothing to worry about. So I dont press how I got one again when I am super careful with those infection. Now 7 months pregnant I am not doing well. I go to the one of the doctor at the same clinc again, same deal. This time sending me to hospital. They check bub he is okay. Give me my anitbiotics send me home. Have my baby naturally no major complications. 3 weeks at home and I am in bed crying becuase I cant walk more then ten feet without my legs giving in because of crazy ass pain in my back (dull and radiating with occasional sharp stabing). Husband rushes home from work and drops me at the ER. I had dosed myself on pain killers at this point so walking was bearable. You guessed, same s**t. Given my history they take bloods, swabs, more pee. All test come up empty. But on my ultersound at MRI I had a fluid collect 12cm by 8cm behind my uterus. Cant remember what the antibiotics where called but it was the strongest stuff they could give me breastfeeding. And from memory I went though 2 bags a day. The first two days would have been 3 or 4, but its all very hazy. After a week and a half they have no answers so they sent me home with more antibiotics. Two weeks later I have finishes my anitbiotics and I am still in pain. I go back to the doctor and he literally read my report and said "you just had a baby thats all. The pain will go eventually." A month goes by and I am at a different cilinc with a different doctor. Same deal, still high white blood cells. She orders another swab and an ultersound. Collection is gone but there is something they cant make out in the Pouch of Douglas. This time my swab says I have a Group B Strep. This new doctor said I have something called Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases. Can be know as STD but I had the STD test done at the hospital and was cleared (also unlikely I had one). So she gives me two lots antibiotics to take together for two weeks. So I do that. A few weeks pass. I go back to get a swab to check its all clear. Nope. 7 lots of antibiotics and this f****r is still here and no one can help me. I dont want anymore antibiotics, my son is suffering from them. Can anybody make some suggestion for me to ask my doctor about on Monday.

Family medical: Cancer inc cervical and endo.

My symptoms:

Lower back pain

Hip pain

Pubic bone pain

Nausea

Dizziness

Cramps

Happenings over 13months

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you ever follow up with the liquid behind your uterus? I would ask for records and go to a dr that woukd listen. I remember throughout my pregnancy i tested positive for bacteria in my urine didnt matter how much water i would drink and had constant yeast infection oh my goodness. It was so horrible so smelly and painful. Im sorry you have to go tjrough all this but at this point you got to be your own advocate. Have them do more testing than what already is done have they done a kidney function test? That wpuld increase white blood cells in urine. Drink a lot of natural. Cranberry juice and water
    • Posted

They did and they found the collection was gone about 2 months later. I might suggest a kidney function test to my current doctor though. See thats the werid thing. I am completely normal down there, have been the whole time. Its throwing doctors. I naturally drink a lot of water too. Usually I can get rid of any infection like UTI's through my water intake alone. I feel like I need to find out other test to be done so I can ask for them. Thank you for your suggestion too. I will be asking for a kidney function test.

• Posted

Those issues (much more pain now after birth) might be related or maybe even not.

Yet one thing though:

If you test positive for Strep B infection, an antibiogram should be done, the antibiotics tested on your very own infection, to see, which ones work, which ones don't. You can't just get any blind antibiotics anymore. You got a positive pathogenic bacteria result, they need to test with that bacteria, which antibiotic will help as bacteria are often resistant to usual antibiotics, that did the job just years ago.

Please ask about antibiogram as you had successfully bacteria isolated

!

• Posted

Thank you for that knowledge! I will defiantly be asking for that! You would think after everything a doctor would hace suggested that to me by now. Thank you again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.