7 months in symptom check?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started not feeling well the beginning of August 2019. after ER visits doctors appointments they finally figured out it was EBV. I’ve had a wide range of symptoms and some of my doctors have a look at me like I am crazy and even tried to put me on depression/anxiety medication. After about seven months I’m not 100% but I do feel a lot better. I just got back positive results for a breath test which indicated small intestinal bacterial overgrowth which I’m on antibiotics for now. Some of my symptoms are possible from that. these are some of the symptoms that I’m still experiencing and I wondered if anybody else did also and for how long? Some of them seem to come and go : cold hands and feet, "icy hot" sensation in feet, muscle twitches, internal vibrations (not nearly as bad as before, one time i thought there was an earthquake!)hazy feeling/hard to focus, cant gain lost weight, still haven't gained full energy or stamina

these might be because of h.pylori: nausea, gas, loss of appetite

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

hello kg, I'm 8 month in and I'm having bad days and good days now.

I can confirm the following symptoms

anxiety (intermittent, usually connected to other symptoms )

gas and loss of appetite

cold hands and feet

internal vibrations

low energy

But I can feel that it's improving so keep pushing.

Giorgio

• Edited

Thanks Giorgio,

I will continue to push through. I have been trying to get back to work and as much of my "normal" routine as possible. I do also have good days and bad days. I would never wish this on anyone buts its nice to hear that i am not the only one. I hope your journey continues to improve also!

• Edited

are you on a probiotic? could help with stomach issues... i was diagnosed around the same time u were and i have had alot of the same issues, i take 4 life transfer factors and they have done wonders for me! hope u get well soon

• Edited

i am on a probiotic. The one im on now is expensive $60. I have to try to find a good quality one thats more economical.

• Edited

Hi kg, symptoms started Feb 2018 after what I thought was a simple flu type virus, so its 2 years for me. I went through the exact same thing...countless doctor visits and tests only to be told its stress anxiety and trying to put me on anxiety or depression meds that I never touched! Even now doctors insist that my positive ebv is a past infection, its been a nightmare, always leaving the doctors office feeling worse...

I dont have h.pylori but I can relate to all your other symptoms, internal tremors/vibrations have been the worst thing that I have ever experienced. YES it did feel like an earthquake when it all started, it sent my anxiety through the roof causing panic attacks which at the time I thought were heart attacks, I honestly thought I was dying...

Well things are much better now. The turning point was month 7-8 when I was put on a 6 month b12 injection treatment (low b 12 was the only thing found). It boosted my lost energy, took care of my dizziness, dialed down the muscle twitching , shooting pain and more.. As for the internal vibrating, its still there daily unfortunately, but I only feel it when waking up from sleep and its much lighter, like someone turned the volume down from a 10 to a 2.... praying that this means its slowly fading away because I just want it gone...Stay positive, it gets better...

• Posted

Yes im at month 7 now. things are much better. i have good days and bad days. did your dr give you the b-12? Maybe i should ask mine.

• Posted

Yes, my neurologist, after blood work showing low b12 levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.