7 months old batholins cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can someone advise what to do as it has been 7 months since I first discovered the cyst. It does not irritate me most of the time but when it does I just can't stop it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have had 4 or 5. Most of which became an access. The last one, which I currently still have, has been there a year and is pain free but the size of a baseball. I spoke with my doctor and we decided on the gland removal surgery which is scheduled for September 26. My suggestion is to talk to your doctor and see what the best option is for you.
  • Posted

I get cysts very frequently and though they don't always cause pain they are definitely a nussiance and a pain in the butt. I would suggest a heat compress, I bought a microwaveable one that was very inexpensive and I would use it on the cyst anytime I was home relaxing, or at bed at night. Pretty much any free time I had I would use it. It took about two weeks of frequent heat but I was eventually able to get the cyst to come to head and drain.

• Posted

Hey thank you so much. I am definitely trying that today. Thanks again
    • Posted

Hello Keta,

I just recovered from an abcessed BC and I had it drained and packed until it had a few days to drain completely. The NP that helped me told me that the cause could have been any reason, but that the swelling could have manifested a long time ago and started to accumulate fluid. It only took one thing to cause the bartholin gland duct to become irritated and close. I went camping for 4 days prior to my BC and was using towelettes to clean. Anyway, the NP recommended sitz baths. For a sitz bath I fill the tub with warm water by a few inches to cover my lower area, then I sit down in the tub, but let my feet hang over the sides. I massage the area where the gland is when I shower and if I do a sitz bath. You can feel it draining clear fluid. I do this now to keep the size at bay and to prevent any over accumulation. I eventually may have the gland removed if this ever occurs again. It was one of the worse experiences ever. I had it drained twice in one week, first time the doctor never packed it so it closed up and grew back to the same size within hours. They drained it again at another place the next day and packed it with medicated gauze to drain. I honestly have heard about all of the other surgeries and nothing is full proof and has the chance to return... this is why I would go through complete gland removal if it came back again. I hope your problem gets better.

• Posted

Hey Meg, thank you for that. I am a bit worried as mine has been there for almost 7 months now and when I went in for my cervical screening test, they completely ignored it. And yesterday the cyst burst out on itself and now I can't feel it that much but I know it's there. Do you think this is the end of it or will it grow again??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.