7 months on Monday

Posted , 10 users are following.

It will be 7 mos on Monday from rtkr. Now every morning when I get up it feels stiff as a board. I’m able to do Pt and drive but the feeling is horrible. It’s like starting over.Has anyone else experienced this. I didn’t bang or bruise it, it just started getting that stiff feeling all over again but this time it’s the entire leg😩

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Arlene I’m almost 9 months out and over past 6 weeks have begun to notice how stiff my knee has become and this seems to be increasing. I don’t have pain though only twinges so I’ve booked in for deep tissue massage next Saturday will let you know if it helps 
  • Posted

I am coming up on 11 months post rtkr. I am still dealing with stiffness and intermittent low level pain. It seems to come and go. I can walk for up to 4 miles and can work out at the gym, sometimes nothing other times pain. Very frustrating.
  • Posted

Hi arlene

These pains and stiffness happen get a good skin lotion E45 or bio oil give it a good massaging in morning and night

I still get a bit of stiffness after 18 months make sure you vigorously massage

Hope this helps good luck.

• Posted

Hi Arlene I'm 11 months TKR and have had the stiffness since day 1 my consultant says it's all down to nerve damage. I'm seeing a pain management dr in a couple of weeks who is going to give me an injection into the nerves so hopefully I'll get some relief good luck hope this helps.

• Posted

I'm only in the 14th week, but have had this experience of stiffness, especially in the AM when I get up.  Gets better during the day, but is back the next AM.  Slowly getting better.

• Posted

PT is only Part One...you have to start moving that knee by exercising to rebuild your dead quads, glutes and core to support the knee.  Stiffness is always very common and can last 12-18 months.  I'm almost 2-years post-op and I still feel it a bit from time to time.  Meh...small price to pay for a pain-free life.

This is the program...you will feel better, stronger and less stiff...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/post-tkr-exercising-565527

• Posted

Hi I am just the same as you am now 7 month s LTKR and it feels stiff too am going to hydro once a week that seems to help being in the warm pool hand a RTKR Bout 2 years ago and that one is fine good bend so I know this one will get there soon it just takes time hope I have helped you it will get better 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.